Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Clean Across America Thank You!

Guest John Sanford

I just got my copy a couple of days ago and finally had a chance to read it today, that was a great article Beth! I can't imagine how proud I would have been to join other power washers to work on some of the projects that were mentioned in the article. Just imagine, cleaning National Monuments like the Lincoln Memorial! That just amazed me when I read your article and it made me proud to be a power washer!

What I cant believe is this was a PWNA deal. After everything I have read on this board about the organization I would never join it. But, it doesn't make sense for them to do something like this it seems like this is the last thing they would do from what I have read here. Are there some positive aspects to the PWNA and the people involved in it? So far I have only seen the negative comments from some people that feel like they were shafted.

Of course I'm not a PWNA member.

There is good and bad in everything. I have personally had both positive and negative expereinces. But...life is full of that too right? I may not like the drastic increase in dues, I might have been more willing to pay $50 more, but I'm not throwing in the towel on them either.

Glad you enjoyed the article! :)

Beth

With sincerest thanks and gratitude from The Grime Scene to all who helped to make all of the Clean Across America 2006 projects a success. Your donations of time, expertise, supplies and equipment for the benefit of others is deeply appreciated.

Contractor Companies:

Aqua Marines Inc., Baltimore, MD

Carolina ProWash, Graham, NC

Clean Again Pressure Washing, Crofton, MD

Deck Medics Inc., Rockville, MD

Deck Protectors, Gaithersburg, MD

Deck Restoration Plus, Shamong, NJ

Diamond Jim's Pressure Cleaning & Restoration LLC, Waterbury, CT

East Coast Power Washing, Buzzards Bay, MA

Henry’s Housework Inc., Germantown, MD

Pam’s Pressure & Clean, Covington, GA

Pressure Washing Services Inc., Milford, NY

Red Fall Contracting LLC, Odenton, MD

See Dirt Run! Inc., Germantown, MD

South Jersey Power Washing and Restoration Services LLC, Williamstown, NJ

Under Pressure Inc., Baltimore, MD

Manufacturer and Vendor Companies:

Absolute Pressure Cleaning Equipment, Maryland – designed and donated the use of a multi-hose adapter

Barens Inc. – donated 2,500 linear feet of hose (with Goodyear)

Extreme Solutions Inc. – donated cleaner, neutralizer, wood stain

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company – donated 2,500 linear feet of hose

HydraMotion Cleaning Systems – loaned 4 specialty surface cleaners

KBK Graphics – donated Clean Across America logo and graphic artwork

PressureWasher.net – donated water reclamation system

Pure Texture Inc. – donated resin, texture mix, sealer

Sun Brite Supply of Georgia – donated the use of high pressure hoses and equipment

Sun Brite Supply of Maryland - donated the use of high pressure hoses, gauges and equipment

Truck Graphics and Racks – donated the Clean Across America banner

I just got my copy a couple of days ago and finally had a chance to read it today, that was a great article Beth! I can't imagine how proud I would have been to join other power washers to work on some of the projects that were mentioned in the article. Just imagine, cleaning National Monuments like the Lincoln Memorial! That just amazed me when I read your article and it made me proud to be a power washer!

What I cant believe is this was a PWNA deal. After everything I have read on this board about the organization I would never join it. But, it doesn't make sense for them to do something like this it seems like this is the last thing they would do from what I have read here. Are there some positive aspects to the PWNA and the people involved in it? So far I have only seen the negative comments from some people that feel like they were shafted.

John,

The PWNA can only claim credit for the concept of Clean Across America (and that may even be debateable as to whose original idea it was). The work done was done by CONTRACTOR MEMBERS who wanted to give of themselves. It would be a great way to promote the org if the org would use it properly. Love the fact that Cleaner Times promotes it, but if the org is supposed to reach homeowners, the press releases need to get out, not just sent to the rest of the BOD.

Even before we knew about CAA, we were doing charitable cleaning....others on this bbs have even recently posted about charity cleans... it is a great thing period. PWNA just chooses to promote what they want.

Celeste

Personally, I believe thanks should be given to ALL who participated and who made donations to PWNA's CAA 2006. Non-members made contributions as well out of the goodness of their hearts. Thank you is a courtesy we all learn and should be made without reservation or need for membership.

Just my .02!

Beth