Sign in to follow this  
detailbarn

Back from brief Hiatus

Question

So i haven't been on the board in a few months been busy with the powerwasher business and starting another small business.Hope I haven't misses much.

A few new things have happened with me.

Got a new work truck and just ordered a new 4'x10' enclosed trailer for next season. I went to purchase a Dodge Ram standard cab diesel but ended up with a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited instead , a bit of a change but it's working well. The dealers wanted way to much for the Dodge , $39,000 and that was for a left over striped model. So i got the Jeep for $20,000 after rebates and my trade. The Jeep tows my current 5'x10' enclosed well but I just don't need the height it provides, so that's why I'm getting the 4'x10' almost the same floor space without all the wasted height. So the 5'x10' Carmate is for sale if anyone in the Philly area is interested would like to get $2000 for it , it is a 2006 Model.

The other big thing that has happened is powerwashing has caused me to need surgery. Apparently from being on my feet so much I ended up with tendonitus of the achilles tendon which ended up created a bone spur in turn creating a great deal of pain for me. So some time in spring I have to get it taken care of , traditional surgery was out of the question do to the down time of 12 weeks plus , but i found a doctor that does ultrasound shock therapy to get rid of the pain and it doesn't require any down time. Hopefully it all goes well and i can walk without again.

So there's my updated story , oh and I'm still washing here in NJ even though it's almost December , gotta love this weather. Hope everyone is doing well, I can't wait to start reading all the interesting post I've missed.

5 answers to this question

Doug,

I know how you feel. A couple years back I went through about 2.5 months of physical therapy on my feet. Ouch. May you heal quickly!

Beth

p.s. make sure you get new shoes frequently, with good arch support... it helps!

Beth thanks for your support , I hear ya about the shoes . I can honestly say I never thought I'd be dropping $250 for shoes and inserts but the proper fit and support it certainly worth the added cost

For those that suffer from plantar fasciatis (heel spurs), keep a 2 liter coke bottle full of water in the freezer. Pull it out and roll the bottle under the arch of your for for 10-15 min a night. Works wonders for relieving pain and getting you back to normal.

Speaking of "itis". An "itis" is an inflamation. The inflamation aggravates the injury and causes much of the pain. In these cases, regular doses of an anti-anflamatory (like ibuprofen) can speed recovery. So, taking it every XX hours as recommended is generally much better for recovery than taking it only when it hurts. Be aware that many anti inflamatories inhibit clotting, as you should be aware of that should you get injured. Also, consult a doctor before starting a prolonged/heavy NSAID regimen.