Sign in to follow this  
Thad

Daddy, why is the water hard?

Question

We had our first hard freeze in a lonnnnng time last night and my 10 year old daughter is completely amazed this morning.

"But Dad, the grass is frozen! The trampoline is frozen! Cool!"

15 answers to this question

I know for sure we didn't freeze last winter and I don't remember one the year before, either.

I thought it was cute, but my daughter isn't happy with me.

"I know what ice is, Dad. Thanks for making me sound retarded."

:D

I know for sure we didn't freeze last winter and I don't remember one the year before, either.

Wasn't the year before the year of the "Great Christmas Feeze"? I think it even snowed. Granted it was not cold one single day other than that.

Scott

24 degrees yesterday.8 with the wind chill.I start 6 weeks vacation on the 14th of January.Island hopping,sun and beach.

Dos cervaita pour fa vour.

We aren't blessed with the weather a lot of you guys get.

Wasn't the year before the year of the "Great Christmas Feeze"? I think it even snowed. Granted it was not cold one single day other than that.

Scott

Maybe, I don't remember.

If this cold weather keeps up I'm going to have to buy another pair of long pants!

Next week it's supposed to be back in the 6os/70s. Sounds like fishin' waether to me....

24 degrees yesterday.8 with the wind chill.I start 6 weeks vacation on the 14th of January.Island hopping,sun and beach.

Dos cervaita pour fa vour.

We aren't blessed with the weather a lot of you guys get.

We're supposed to hit a low of 24 tonight.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We can fish in January in shorts.Put up a hut on a frozen lake,drill a hole in the ice and start the heater.I swear they do it just to have an excuse to drink.

Put up a hut on a frozen lake,drill a hole in the ice and start the heater.

I never understood the ice and heater combo on a frozen lake. It would seem like water and electricity, not a good comination.LOL

Scott

Maybe, I don't remember.

If this cold weather keeps up I'm going to have to buy another pair of long pants!

Next week it's supposed to be back in the 6os/70s. Sounds like fishin' waether to me....

The reds are running good I hear. This front should help it out. I have to work the weekend but was going to go Monday or Tuesday maybe.

Scott

Never heard of an ice hotel.

Weird.

Scott, a buddy called me to go last Wednesday- 30 minutes after I had scheduled a job. He went to Hopedale with two other guys and they limited on specks with a lot of 3 and 4 pounders.

They caught some reds, too.

JL fought one for over half an hour but lost it at the boat. They got a real good look at it and it was over 4 feet long.

II'm dying here!

They caught some reds, too.

JL fought one for over half an hour but lost it at the boat. They got a real good look at it and it was over 4 feet long.

II'm dying here!

I feel you PAIN DUDE!!!!!!!!! I'm with you man. A four foot Bull Red on your line!!! Man You can't get better than that. I gotta go soon.

Scott

We can fish in January in shorts.Put up a hut on a frozen lake,drill a hole in the ice and start the heater.I swear they do it just to have an excuse to drink.

I've always wanted to boot around those huts with a snowmobile doing 80km/h.

When I was in college, four of us guys spent a few days for New Years at a buddy of mine's cottage. 4 hours north of Toronto in the middle of nowhere on a lake. Drag racing snow mobiles on the lake @ 95km/h. Stuff like that.

Then it hits me. In the summer we pulled a tube with the boat. Leave it to me to come up with a stupid ass idea that could potentially kill us.

Needless to say we were intelligent enough to safe route.....motorcycle helmets :)

Wish I had pictures. Two guys, in the middle of a frozen lake, dressed in snow suits and helmets, laying ontop of a blown up inner tube, tied to the back of a snowmobile, bopping up and down @ 75km/h. (to be safe that's what we agreed our top speed would be)....what a bunch of morons!!! :)

I'll never forget it...the good old days.