Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

music downloads

Question

37 answers to this question

I downloaded Limewire last night, and I have to say, it is far superior to Kazaa as far as download speeds. I'm loving this thing!

Just be sure your virus software is up to date and that you look at your file sizes and don't download things that are too small/large to be what you think you're getting. For example, a song that is only 2K isn't a song, but COULD be a virus.

Some of you may have problems downloading software, but if you don't, you can get pretty cool stuff if you have high speed...I downloaded and installed Photoshop 9.0 last night, works great! I was running version 7.0, so it'll be interesting to see what's new with the new version.

I'll be upgrading to the pro version ($20.00 or so) to get better file access and search functions.

I downloaded and installed Photoshop 9.0 last night, works great! I was running version 7.0, so it'll be interesting to see what's new with the new version.

Mike i dlded Photoshop CS 3 Beta which is pretty cool :cool:

I have the limewire freebie version and can not figure out how to transer them to my mp3 player, any thoughts.

I tried goint to file and add folder as Beth suggested but I don't have the add folder under the file menu.

I have the limewire freebie version and can not figure out how to transer them to my mp3 player, any thoughts.

I tried goint to file and add folder as Beth suggested but I don't have the add folder under the file menu.

Once you have downloaded them, you just need to follow the directions for your MP3 player to transfer them.

The files you download via Limewire are in your "shared" folder in your "documents and settings folder".

Right click on the Start button, select "Explore" then find your Documents and settings folder in your C drive. IN that folder will be your user folder (whatever name you have set up). IN that folder, there is a "Shared" folder and that is where limewire puts downloaded stuff.

Alright! I'm getting this thing going. Haven't heard Little Feat in generations. Now, I have files in my computer. Seems a waste of money having two music services in one house. Has anyone taken a signal from their computer and put it into their home audio system?

How about video?

I gotta call my niece. She loves to teach (talk down to) me.

Alright! I'm getting this thing going. Haven't heard Little Feat in generations. Now, I have files in my computer. Seems a waste of money having two music services in one house. Has anyone taken a signal from their computer and put it into their home audio system?

How about video?

I gotta call my niece. She loves to teach (talk down to) me.

Yep, I have done audio. In fact, before I got better speakers, I used to use my stereo as speakers for the computer....Great sound for games.

I have been meaning to get the audio/video run to the home theater system so when I watch something from one of the network websites (ABC, CBS, NBC) my wife can also watch it on the TV.

Has anyone taken a signal from their computer and put it into their home audio system?

Yes i have a digital fiber optical cable running from my pc sound card to my amplifier. "S/PDIF connection"

Mike,

thanks for the help. Just figured it out. I have all my songs go into the same folder as all my other songs. But windows media player would not let me set up a sync with them. but I just realized that if I go to windows explorer with my mp3 attached, then I can transfer them there.

Thanks.

FYI

On the local news Monday night there was story about a 14 year old boy who used Lime Wire to download "free" music files. He downloaded 32 files about 2 years ago. His parents are being sued by 12 record companies for music piracy damages in excess of $10,000. That's about $312 per song. I'd rather buy CD's. The story also mentioned that there is a huge backlog of these cases and that is why it has taken 2 years to catch up to this kid.