Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

Ladder Tool

Those tools are nice except for on shingles. When I was a roofing foreman guys would use those on shingles to keep away from the gutters. The problem was that all of the weight was in one concentrated spot on the shingles. Needless to say it damaged shingles that we had just installed and jobs where we just needed to repair a chimney.Hotter days were the worse. Now for anything else it would work well I quess.

Good post and one last Tip:

I implemented the cheap piece of wood tool LOL

If you need to rest against a gutter take a piece of 1x6 just longer than your ladder and stick it on top of the gutter and under the drip edge. It is wide enough to protect the gutter and the shingles. No more scratches to gutter or broken shingles or holes in roofs where the decking is rotted and you may not know it.

That is all for now I will go back to my busy life now, and where is the coffee?

Well, I certainly wouldn't recommend this if I had a problem similar to Dave's experience. My experience with this is that it stabilized the ladder nicely. I'd have to check but I believe it is OSHA approved.