Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Bank sold

Question

Well i lost a good account. It was my 1st real account of any size. I used to do 18 bank branch properties most I did twice a year and the drivthroughs every 3 months. It was a large SC local bank and it was bought out by a large regional bank.

I'll miss this account it was easy, good money and it filled in some slow times. Plus they were the cleanest banks in town.

I've been trying to get the buyer bank for 3 years, with no luck. Their banks are just not kept up as well or much at all on the exterior. The sidewalks are real bad and the rest is maintianed minimally. I'll keep trying, but I'll miss this sweet account.

Cant keep them forever. Unless they finally decide to hire the Pressure Washing King to do all the old & new properties.

9 answers to this question

It happens Jeff you'll find more. We lost one also due to budget cuts a nice $24,000 a year account hurts when it goes but there are more fish in the sea.

Anyways you're the PWKOMB so have no worries.

You Havent Lost An Account You Just Opened A Time Slot For A Different One..congrats

Boy thats a great way to look at it. I remember a few yrs ago when I had this strip Mall to clean once a Month for an easy Grand..Well maybe not to easy cause it took me 8 straight hours to clean it from 10pm-6am. I lost it a couple of months later because the whole darn Mall was sold..I was bummed.

Jeff, at some point, a customer of theirs will point it out. You'd be amazed at how some things come back around and then you probably will get them all!

Celeste

PS - You know they'll call you in the spring when you're already booked up to your eyeballs, right? LOL

Thanks everyone. I think I was bummed because it was my 1st good regular contract

I guess I'll just have to work harder at getting the new bank properties. call, write, fax until they get sick of hearing from me

Hey Jeff, try this.......they HAVE to be next door to someone - go to those people and get their properties. The banks will eventually not look so pretty sitting next to your other clean properties :)

Celeste

Jeff, at some point, a customer of theirs will point it out. You'd be amazed at how some things come back around and then you probably will get them all!

Celeste

PS - You know they'll call you in the spring when you're already booked up to your eyeballs, right? LOL

...Or don't wait for this...contact some folks you know that bank there and have them make the comment!! C'mon Jeff!! You're way too Guerrilla to let then sneak away without a fight! .....Or your guys "accidently" clean it one Sunday--you go in Monday and sincerely apologize, "they were just so used to it being on their route":)