Sign in to follow this  
CoastalHydro

Training

Question

I have had a few customers over the past month ask if I do wood restoration. I explained to them that at the present time I do not but will be adding that to my business in the near future. I am planning on adding that service this year and when I do will be sending out flyers to past customers to let them know.

I do not want to just jump out there and start cleaning and staining decks without the proper knowledge of what I'm doing. That being said, here is my question:

What is the best way to get training when it comes to wood restoration? Are there training seminars or classes that are offered? I'm not opposed to offering free labor in return for on the job training. If anyone is willing to take me up on that offer, I'm in the Savannah, GA area and don't mind driving an hour or two.

8 answers to this question

It's good that you want to learn first before you do the work. A lot of guys wait until they ruin 25 decks b4 they learn!

The best way to learn is to work with a successful pwer's crew for a few days. You are welcome to come up here and work with us in the spring. Bring a camcorder and a note pad. There's a lot of people here that will do the "labor for learning" thing.

I have had a few customers over the past month ask if I do wood restoration. I explained to them that at the present time I do not but will be adding that to my business in the near future. I am planning on adding that service this year and when I do will be sending out flyers to past customers to let them know.

I do not want to just jump out there and start cleaning and staining decks without the proper knowledge of what I'm doing. That being said, here is my question:

What is the best way to get training when it comes to wood restoration? Are there training seminars or classes that are offered? I'm not opposed to offering free labor in return for on the job training. If anyone is willing to take me up on that offer, I'm in the Savannah, GA area and don't mind driving an hour or two.

Hey Im in buford ga.If i can assit you in preperations of proper wood restorations come up here and ill show you how to start.

Celeste,

I would love to come to the Roundtable, however that is the day of my Daughter's 2nd BDay party and I don't think my wife would understand. :) I've tried to work my schedule in order to make it to a roundtable for the past year but everytime something comes up that takes priority.

Beth,

Coming to Maryland is an option, although not in the near future. I'm planning on taking the family up there probably in the summer to see some extended family in the area. How far are you from Davidsonville and Severna Park?

Steve,

I may take you up on that offer. Where exactly is Buford?

CoastalHydro,

You can contact the Flood Co. Rep in your area. They might be willing to help you get started. Their products are great and they are very helpful. If you need to, call the Flood co. direct and ask who is in your area. Thank You.

post-2261-13777217261_thumb.jpg

I got an email from sunbrite supply in Atlanta GA that is doing some kind of seminar for a new Flood wood product. They might be doing some kind of training session there

Let me know if you want me to forward the email to you