Sign in to follow this  
suzuki98

New business equipment question

I'm very limited on money at the start up of my business and I would like opinions on 'must have' accessories at the start of my business. I'm starting off pw'ing houses and driveways. Please pick one from my choices.

-turbo nozzle

-extension pole

-flat surface cleaner

or other...........

thanks,

Don

Don, if you dont have at least a 5.6 gpm or higher machine I would skip the surface cleaner. I bought one for my machine (a 2.8). Needless to say its in storage until I get a bigger machine.

Yes to the extenion pole and the turbo nozzle.

Just my .02

Skip the pole, for 1/5 of the price get a good downstream injector with 20% flow, and some large orface tips. I bought a nice extension pole for my first housewash. Used it. I bought an X-jet M5, & I did not have to get my pole from the truck. I set-up a good downstream injector and studied this site like a fiend and now I have barely used my x jet, unless spraying oxalic.

My xjet has a use, but my extension wand hasnt been used but once.

Maybe one day it will have a need.

Better ops does not come from better equipment all of the time.

It is the knowledge.

As far as a surface cleaner, you can use it with a smaller machine, just change out the tips. It should still be faster than a wand. Just pace yourself.

Call Bob at PressureTek.com He will steer you in the right direction, and has great prices.

I'm very limited on money at the start up of my business and I would like opinions on 'must have' accessories at the start of my business. I'm starting off pw'ing houses and driveways. Please pick one from my choices.

-turbo nozzle

-extension pole

-flat surface cleaner

or other...........

thanks,

Don

If its just one thing from the list above that is all your asking for us to answer..of course assuming you already have a Powerwasher...the one thing I would pick is "or other" I would get the x-jet with the M-5 my first choice. Look at the sponsors of this bulletin board and give them a call. They all have excellent prices on this and many other pieces of equipment that you may and will need for your future in this business.

Don, do you already have good guns and chemical injectors? More than one I hope.. Always have a back up! Do you have a water tank? 200ft garden hose for intake, 200ft high pressure hose? Hose reels?

I agree with Scott about getting a good downstream set-up.

If you have enough money to get a surface cleaner I would recommend the two wand over the three wand cleaners. Since you have a 5.6gpm, the two nozzles will need to be 3gpm each on a 20 inch flat cleaner. Smaller nozzles like 2gpm nozzles on three wand cleaners tend to get clogged more often.

I recommend the Turbo Tech Terminator Turbo nozzles. They are the best.

lose the extension pole or buy mine that I never used. Get a good downstreamer and shooter tips for less than $25. Learn to down stream and you will love life. Get a good surface cleaner. I bought my steel eagle refurbed from steel eagle directly on Ebay for 1/2 the price. Dual lance wand is crucial. You can save on the turbo nozzle for now and always cut in with a 15 degree tip.