Sign in to follow this  
Plazaman

Soda/Sandblasting Equipment

Question

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have a few questions. (Posted this on PWN also)

I am currently in the process of purchasing in Soda/Sand blasting equipment, the whole works, pot, compressor, and safety equipment. Etc... My equipment is capable of using just about and type of media and has a water attachment.

I read a few post on this site where soda were used in graffiti removal.

1) Do you think soda blasting with my equipment is cost effective, efficient method of graffiti removal? Although I don’t plan to specialize in graffiti removal, I would like to know what my equipment is capable of doing, and what additional areas I should target in my marketing.

2) In the power washing field, what areas do you think can possibly benefit using my equipment? I don’t feel abrasive blasting is applicable to many areas of the power washing field, power washing definitely has pros and cons over blasting.

In a nutshell, I would like to know what areas in the power-washing field could benefit from sand/soda blasting.

Thanks for your time.

Rich

1 answer to this question

dry blast abraive equipment is capeable of producing a great finished product for grafitti removal. Your operating cost will be higher than the guy with abrasive fed pressure washers but dry blast is much faster. I would recomend targeting the larger more solid type of tags and not waste your time on the little stuff. I personaly would not even roll out my dry equipment for less than 500 bucks. Soda is a fair choice in a situation where there is no vegitation. If there is go with Kieserite its a little faster too. Other areas to look in to that are very popular right now are car restoration and mold and fire restoration, there is good money in the mold and fire if you can get in with an insurance company and you are willing to travel. Please feel free to shoot any questions you have I don't think there is anything I cant answer with confindence. good luck!