Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

What makes you mad

Question

9 answers to this question

LOL. Yep. Wont refer again.

You know, just a "Hey, thanks for the call" would have been okay. But when I asked them if they were interested in a lead and they hesitated, I knew then I should have just hung up.

LOL Jeff. Thats funny. I dont feel bad, it just irritated me in the moment.

I would never refer anyone, unless i have seen his work, or he has done work for me in the past.And depending on the refferal there would be some compensation for me.

just my 2 cents..

Referrals can be a double edged sword. I've gotten some very nice customers and then some than will never get on my Christmas card list. Best business practice IMO is to take the info down, offer to make a call, MAKE THE CALL, decide and then follow up with the referring party. My advertising budget is not extravagant by any means and any job received

by WOM (word of mouth), networking or referrals is a bonus and a blessing.

Don't let it spoil your day Don.

I've passed on some jobs to a couple local guys that I knew were reliable, but usually I tell people I cant refer anyone. There isnt one company I know of in other trades that Id pass work onto, except PWing & one window cleaning guy

They all have called & thanked me too. Manners mean a lot

Referrals can be a double edged sword. I've gotten some very nice customers and then some than will never get on my Christmas card list. Best business practice IMO is to take the info down, offer to make a call, MAKE THE CALL, decide and then follow up with the referring party. My advertising budget is not extravagant by any means and any job received

by WOM (word of mouth), networking or referrals is a bonus and a blessing.

Don't let it spoil your day Don.

Nah Rick, it hasnt spoiled my day. It just irritated me for about 9.2 seconds. Enough time to blow the steam off.

The company that I referred the work to might have been around for years and years, and one job doesnt matter to them.

Me, I'm a fairly new company. If someone called me and said they had a lead for me and were referring the work to me, I would be very thankful and made sure they knew it.

I dont have to be compenstated money wise for stuff I pass on. I figure we are all on this ship togther and we all have familys to feed so forth and so on.

I would never refer anyone, unless i have seen his work, or he has done work for me in the past.And depending on the refferal there would be some compensation for me.

just my 2 cents..

I owe you one! or two LOL