Sign in to follow this  
Kory

Paver sealing by air sprayer ????

Question

Have any of you tryed this? I have rolled a number of times but I was given a air compressor for christmas. Today while killing some time at lowes I seen the paint style sprayers in the air tools section and it got me thinking. Can it be done & save time & money?

7 answers to this question

I guess you do it different than we do. We sweep the sand in, blow it, then seal it. Otherwise sfter the first rain the sand will be washed away. If you don't seal the sand, why even apply it? Unless you use "Super Sand."

Ive rolled, used a pump up, and airless and find the best way is the airless.

I keep the roller handy to roll out any puddles. THen sand after with sand mixed with 'sand lock' water it in after you blow off excess.

The sanding is the most timeconsuming part.

My personal opnion i wouldnt even waste money on an airles....they operate at way to high psi evenb at lowest setting and air-rates the sealer to much leaving sealer streaks that may nmot show even until the sealer has begun to wear.... We roll evrything on... i can get 1000 sq ft doen in 25 -30 min with an 18 inch roller now with my home made heavy duty 32 inch roller... i can go through a drive faster then any airless ;) Roller gets more sealer on the brick and more evenly coated... if i have to spray corners i use a pump... And we resand after sealing unless were using a sand stabal;izer such as Jon mention sand lock which is made by pavetech or poly sand.