Sign in to follow this  
John T

How small is your trailer?

Question

Here's a speed trailer that the police dep't paid almost $5000 for and thats not even the cost of the radar which was another $3000. I bought this trailer at an auction and its well build and rock solid but it aint worth no where near what the PD paid for it.

I use it to store all kinds of things in there. This trailer is about 5 ft long..oh yea I paid $200 for it at an auction.

7 answers to this question

I bought this trailer at an auction and its well build and rock solid but it aint worth no where near what the PD paid for it.

Is there no limit to what a government will spend when all they need to do to replace spent money is to tax and collect more???

When I see these trailers I like to test out the calibration of my speedometer...over a range of about 40 mph (speed limit - 20 mph to speed limit + 20 mph). So far they are all pretty close, though it's funny to see how they flip between my speed and that of the guy in front of and next to me.

John,

WIll you use hat for your Swabby? lol

Thats funny:) My swabby hat is bigger then that trailer.lol

I should pull up one day on a cedar house restoration job with that trailer and this tool with wheels I have to walk that trailer Just to see the customers reaction, and then when I get there have a couple of guys jump out of it like a circus clown act.lol

You know you were going to get some slack if you posted pictures of this trailer!

1) use it as a on site restroom for employees

2) nap house

3) use it to haul all the cash you make to the BANK

4) ice fishing hut

5) paint it and sell it back to Oyster Bay PD for $2,500

6) I bet it will be on e-bay in eairly summer 2007

Although I make fun of John, he did make a great buy!