Sign in to follow this  
YVPW

Changing Business Name, NEED HELP!

I'm wanting to change my business name. I've been wanting to do it for a while now. I figure I need to do it now while the business is still young, it would be harder to do later on. Right now the Yadkin Valley in my business name sort of hinders me in spreading out from this little area, I live in Yadkin County. People constantly ask me where I'm from. I hate telling them I'm 45min.'s to an hour away, so I try to get around not telling, :lol:They have named this area the Yadkin Valley mainly because of the wine region going wild. When I started the business I didn't really think of moving out from here. I want a name that doesn't connect me to one region. I have to travel 30 minutes every way to get to a larger city. I feel like people will think I will charge more since it relates to another area. I've always hated I named it this. Now to changing it. I like something with Wood Care in it, and Cleaning, or possibly neither one in it, put it something like "Pro Solutions", that kind of heading and have Wood Care and Cleaning somewere in the ad. Also how much do 1-800 numbers cost? I have local numbers for other areas, all those numbers call forward into my main number. I know when I see a 1-800 number I don't like calling them for service, so I thought it might not be good for my business. Any suggestions?

Why not just drop Yadkin and go with "Valley Wood Care & Restoration" or "Valley Cleaning & Wood Care" Lots of valleys in NC. Using Valley in the name can be turned into a really cool logo :)

Celeste

What services do you provide?

Also I would keep the local numbers that forward to the main. Its more personal for your customers and that way you can probably track how well certain areas are doing and use that to target ad money

Also how much do 1-800 numbers cost? I have local numbers for other areas, all those numbers call forward into my main number.

Mine costs $5/mo + LD charges. I use Kall8.com Super sexy 800 numbers are more expensive, but if you get creative with #'s and words you can make a "bad" number work for you.

As for the local numbers in other areas: You should seriously consider Vonage or a service like that. Lots of local #'s, one price for the line. Read up on SkypeIn, and what I'm saying will make sense.

About SkypeIn