Sign in to follow this  
Pure Pressure

Deck and Fence Pricing

Question

In an effort to maximize my earning potintial this year, I was wondering what everyone else charges (per sqft) to Clean and Seal Decks/Fences. I dont want to under charge, and I dont want to bid my self out of work either.

Do you have one set price for cleaing and another for sealing? Is your pricing for both always? I understand each deck is different, but I am looking for an average, normal deck 3-4 years since last cleaning, in good shape (only needing some nails drivin back down).

If you dont want to post here, please E-mail me or send me a message.

Thanks

modify_inline.gif

2 answers to this question

geo and demographics are going to cause the rates to vary.

there are different stages of the process that some charge individually for and some blanket the entire service with one charge. The more deck and fence work you have under your belt with different wood will be easier to rate in the future. Start with your own or a friends and practice. Sq. Ft. and linear ft. rates can be applied at the same time ...... or not........ your call. Main thing is to get all of your dimensions. Measure twice if needed. Be accurate. Be firm with your rates. the lower end customers will try to bring your rate down, the higher end customers will actually wonder why your rates are low and won't go with your services..... they actually expect to pay more. If it is too low, they will question your quality. Shane and Ken F are the kings in this area of topic, but feel free to contact me if you want to discuss in greater detail.