Sign in to follow this  
ccsigns

What size Tank?

We have our setup (a hot 5-3500 mashine & 4-3700 cold machine w/24'' steel eagle surface cleaner and 300gal tank) in a 17 passenger van(very tight). I was hoping to down size the supply tank . What would be the smallest tank we could go without losing volumn? It seems that when we hook up to clients spigots we lose volumn(pw starts spitting/choking) so I figured the tank was essential but how big?

Also we have a 5x8 trailer we could relocate the tank to and @ full be under the 3500lb axle capacity(thats what i need to look at right?) But the tank in the trailer would be positioned lower than the machine restricting the gravity feed process, so should we install some sort of pump between the trailer & the van to maintain volumn when operating this way? If so, what kind of pump should we install?

Any help wold be helpful

Rich Clos

Steam Slingers Powerwashing

Taylor, MI

I would suggest a bigger tandem axle trailer. If you figure water weighs about 8-8.5 lbs/gal, a full tank would be 2550. Are you running both machines at once? If so, you need to subtract the gpm of customers water supply from your total gpm you want to run. Then figure out the average time segment you would be running the machines per job. multiply the leftover gpm by the time the job takes you, and you should get a good idea of the size tank you need.

If your pumps are gear or belt driven, they should be able to pull water from your supply tank. I'm not sure how far up it will draw. Hope this helps!