Sign in to follow this  
Rfitz

Wood Tux Trial

Question

10 answers to this question

As always, unless it is a fence we brush and rolled both, they are monsters made from redwood, but they really make the back of the house as he has 1 on each side of his pool, since then I have used wood tux on 5 decks and I have to say I really like this product, if you havent tried it yet, you should it goes a long long way.... coverage that is..... and best of all Since Russell is local I can get it pretty quick, as his warehouse is only 15 -20 minutes from my house...

Wow that's a lot of brushing and rolling all them 2x2's!

Looks good Rob! :cool:

I'm gonna post an arbor i finished up last week it's small one.:rolleyes:

Hi Shane,

I know it is tedius work, especially all the 2x2's but in the end it is all worth it, , and that is why I have so many repeat biz is because I would do the same work at my own house as I would at a customers, I even have potential clients tell me if you spray, we wont even consider hiring you..?

\

I have to believe they havd had a bad experience in the past from companies spraying stain, for instance the company my brother hired before me sp;rayed 30 gallons of stain on 2 pergolas, by brushing and rolling we barely used 5 gallons of stain, but that in itself has alot to do with Wood Tux, like I said earlier, it goes a long long way, it is what I call a full body beer:) or stain whichever you prefer.,.

Take Care...

Hi Shane,

I even have potential clients tell me if you spray, we wont even consider hiring you..?

I would not lose a bit of sleep over losing that kind of job if i couldn't spray.We have had the same method of prepping arbors with plastic to protect the house then spray it for the last 15 yrs.

Did you see the 2000 sqft arbor i posted? That only took 20 gallons and 2 guys 10 hrs!

Im not condemning spraying, I personally just dont do it, on most jobs, fences I have too, but everything else we brush and roll, and keep in mind there is a premium for such a service, of course you can spray a heck of alot faster than brushing and rolling, but trust me we charge accordingly..

Also, keep in mind we have alot of tools in our arsenal for brushing and rolling, for instance a normal worker could and should be able to get approx. 100 spindles done in under 1 hour, brushing and rolling, right now I have 2 workers full time that are averaging 500 sq ft an hour brushing and rolling, that is alot of decks in a 10 hour day...... this time of year they usually work 50-60 hours a week and but we arent that busy just yet, in another 2-3 weeks they will be closer to 65-75 hours a week, weather permitting of course, and then I will hire 2-3 more part time college kids 50-70 hrs a week for the summer

Hope this helps....

That's cool Rob sounds like you have it all planned out.I know when you have your process figured out everything falls in place.

Did you see that small 2000 sqft arbor/pergola i posted in the scrap book?