Sign in to follow this  
John T

flatbed truck for commercial set-up

Question

What do yo think of a flatbed type truck like this on ebay? I like the way it can fit three in the cab and the flatbed on it isnt overwhelming at 14'. I have a shot for a few 7-11 accounts here(Don't know if I even want them because there pretty cheap) and the other commercial accounts that I have especially the one in NY city I'm thinking that instead of lugging my trailer everywhere I can just pull in with this truck then bang out the job and get out.

I've had van set-ups in the past, One box truck(That was a disaster) and a bunch of pickup trucks but the flatbed routine I never did and the more I look at a truck like this the more I can see it being a good way to role in,roll the hoses off the truck,start the machines, clean then roll the hoses back up and gone.

Any thoughts??

eBay Motors: 2001 ISUZU NPR HD 14 FT FLATBED (item 230105661909 end time Mar-23-07 13:36:20 PDT)

2 answers to this question

The cabovers are nice trucks to work with. they turn on a dime and drive real nice. From what I know isuzu makes a good truck, just be careful not to overload it. I had a truck similar to that with a box on the back that I had issues with because I had a tendency to fill the tank all the way up to the top. (i know better now) But it was a very reliable truck. I am suprised you dont go with a box though being in NY with the cold and all. It helps a ton if you get a side door, then they are easier to set up right.

Truck looks good though.