Sign in to follow this  
Mike W

Casters

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with casters on their surface cleaner? I used my new whirlaway for the third time, and one of the wheels fell off it looks to be a manufacturing defect. has this ever happened to anybody else? Do you more experienced pros keep spare parts like that in stock? I'm just looking to cover myself in the future in case another similar incident occurs. I had to finish the sidewalk with my wand. No fun. At least I only had three more sections to go.

Mike -

The casters on my whirlaway are completely shot...They sell replacements for about $15 each...Try Bob at Pressuretek, he can find just about anything.

- John

Thanks guys. I'll get some spare casters for this unit. I don't really do much flatwork. Mostly just driveways and patios. I think next time I'll get a floater, or maybe just buy a bigger rig and a 30" steel eagle. lol

Other than a few people out here I have heard nothing but bad things about that company and their products especially their castors. I talked to a guy that went to a hardware store and got some castors and made brackets that allowed the machine to stay at the same height and the castors worked for about 3 years and they were like $3.25 each where he lives. Is it just me or does it look like Whirl-A-Way is copying Whisper Wash?