Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

Pressure readings

I tested my psi at the nozzle the other day and came up with 2600 pounds and was scared something was wrong with my pump. I bought a few more guages and plumbed them in at various points and test where the most pressure lose is and what to expect at the tip with a healthy pump.

My experiement is over. Here are my findings

I have a 5.6 gpm with 3500 psi. 24 HP honda

Initial pressure at end of 200 feet was 2600 pounds. All pressures were with a zero degree tip.

1. Tightened all intake water lines and this helped by 300 pounds.

2. Put a pressure guage right off pump and pressure was 3600 pounds.

3. Guage right off unloader was still 3600 pounds.

4. Guage right after coil was 3400 pounds - 200 pound.

5. Pressure right after hose reel which includes downstreamer, 10' line and 1 elbow was 3200 pounds - 200 pound drop

6. After 100 feet - 3000 Pounds

7. After 200 feet hose - 2900 pounds.

My pump is fine, unloader fine. Biggest problem for drop was air being sucked in intake. It is good to know that my pressure after all my plumbing is normal at 2900 - a 20% drop due to hose, coil, and reel.

Just some stats for everyone. maybe they can help someone.

interesting!... I've always wondered how much loss can happen due to plumbing items. I gained about 20% worth of effectivness at the tip by removing rollover gizmo just the other day..was like a freaken miracle.

Now when I get another DS'er I wonder how much that'll cost me..

The biggest suprise was 200 pounds for the coil. 80 feet of coil to lose 200 pounds. It was also nice to see at what pressure I drew chems at using a shooter tip, that was higher than I thought at 1100 pounds.

Tested my GPMs today, came out to 6.5 gallon per minute with a machine rated at 5.6. Any thoughts as to why it would be so much more. I am not complaining, just curious.