Sign in to follow this  
Coastal Painter

shurflo set up??

Question

3 answers to this question

I dont have one yet, but just ordered all the stuff to make one

Basically you start with a pump (mines a 2gpm 60psi) 12 volt is good since you never know if youll have electricity on site. So youll get a good battery (marine or tractor battery is usually smaller and easier)

Depending on the size of your pump inlets youll need a decent length of polybraid tubing or something similar for your hose. On the inlet side of the pump you can use a shorter piece of hose to draw from a bucket or tank. On the outlet side youll use your hose (100ft is what i got) and connect to a trigger gun. Got all my stuff from pressuretek.com but I think they sell other components from other stores.

I dont know much about assembling it all yet, but im guessing some quick connects on the hose will be nice so you can disconnect the gun if you want.

I used to use 12v units but the batteries were not getting/holding charges so we went over to all 115V electric units and keep a small 2500watt 2 stroke generator on the trucks when we need portable power. The 115's IMO are alot more consistant in spraying as well - less pulsating.

Basically on a chem sprayer setup you'll have your pump and a handfull of 3/8x3/8 barb fittings, clamps and some good chemical resistant hose (3/8" pvc air hose or braided line works well) and above all a good filter or foot valve on the suction end of the line. Nothing will kill a Shurflo faster than granular chems getting pulled through the pump. Quick connects on the outlet side make it more user friendly to pack up and swap hoses. We also always have a spare pump and or rebuild kits with us. Your pump WILL quit working on you eventually and you dont want to have to call it a day for something so simple.

If you have a tractor supply near you they should have everything you'll need except for the pump. You'll want an epdm pump for caustics. Viton works well too but it's not rated as high when using it with sodium hydroxide based strippers.

I dont have one yet, but just ordered all the stuff to make one

Basically you start with a pump (mines a 2gpm 60psi) 12 volt is good since you never know if youll have electricity on site. So youll get a good battery (marine or tractor battery is usually smaller and easier)

Depending on the size of your pump inlets youll need a decent length of polybraid tubing or something similar for your hose. On the inlet side of the pump you can use a shorter piece of hose to draw from a bucket or tank. On the outlet side youll use your hose (100ft is what i got) and connect to a trigger gun. Got all my stuff from pressuretek.com but I think they sell other components from other stores.

I dont know much about assembling it all yet, but im guessing some quick connects on the hose will be nice so you can disconnect the gun if you want.

I was wondering what size hose on the discharge side and what kind of trigger gun?? Also at 60 psi and 1.8 gpm,, what kind of flow is coming out?? i.e. a mist type or spray etc??

Thanks

Mark