Sign in to follow this  
suzuki98

Turning down pressure

Question

10 answers to this question

Changing to a larger orifice tip will cut down pressure and for delicate work, user a broader degree tip such as a 40 degree. Also, a dual lance wand works great for adjusting pressure with the same tip.

If

you have a ball valve you can turn down the pressure that way too.

just a thought..I am under the impression from professional equipment folk that a ball valve on the intake to starve pump can cause problems in long run for pump.

yea? nea?

Use chart such as found here- http://www.dultmeier.com/pdfs/tech-library/C_Nozzle.pdf ..take pressure your after from top and go down to your machines gpm then on over to the left to the orifice sizing.

ps- Dultmeier Sales Technical Library: product literature, specifications, documentation, instructions, charts and diagrams great resource a page earlier on that site

just a thought..I am under the impression from professional equipment folk that a ball valve on the intake to starve pump can cause problems in long run for pump.

yea? nea?

Use chart such as found here- http://www.dultmeier.com/pdfs/tech-library/C_Nozzle.pdf ..take pressure your after from top and go down to your machines gpm then on over to the left to the orifice sizing.

ps- Dultmeier Sales Technical Library: product literature, specifications, documentation, instructions, charts and diagrams great resource a page earlier on that site

Nice Chart!

thks

I have used ball valves for years and no pump problems on this end. I use them daily on my machines one is 9.3 gpm the other is 8.5 gpm. my .02 worth

yea? nea?

Why would you want to starve the pump? Not good for any reason. If you need to decrease flow for something, a ball valve can be added to the high pressure side of the pump and back to the tank to bypass excess water. Put in a smaller nozzle and the pressure stay the same.

If all you want is to lower pressure and keep the volume a larger nozzle or dual lance wand will handle that real easy.