Sign in to follow this  
Cannon

House Washing Steps

Question

I just watched the $150 video tapes on house washing. On the tape he suggested a multistep approach to house cleaning... If I remember correctly it was bleach... soap... seal coat... (there may have been a rinse after each chemical application also)

Anyways, I was hoping to clean houses in less steps... such as all chemicals mixed and applied in one step, rinse... and then perhaps a sealer.

What does everyone else do? Remember, I'm new so give me the specifics.

THANKS!

5 answers to this question

I mean - Soap on, Soap off. I mix a house wash with bleach, apply to as much area that will allow dwell time without drying (you get a "feel" for this) and rinse. I do offer a spray on wax when done but I do not push (if I saw the value - I would sell it).

Stop watching the video's - go out and clean some stuff. Just use common sense. Do you have any family or friends that could appreciate a FREE cleaning?

Good luck and be safe!

I'm sorry i just started reading these boards again now that the house wash season is slowing down....I have to ask you, where did you buy these vidios from that were $150? Tim is right about the vidios. In my opinion some of these vidios are desighned to sell thier product....i bought one years ago that teaches you to not to use bleach and to apply your chemicals under high pressure. I can give you at least 5 reasons why this is wrong but first let me finish what i was saying.......So i spent $180 to convert my pump into an upstream(high pressure soap), then went out and washed a house just like the vidio showed, it was a large house about 6,000 sgft but i used about 40 gallons of a citrus bases soap.The job took me 7 hours and i don't work slow. 1 week later i got called back to come and get all the streaks off his windows because his window cleaning man could not remove the blue vainy looking streaks i left behind from using too much soap. i ended up having to buff out the streaks from $100,000 dollers worth of windows. well i found out the hard way learn on your own and use you common sense. The next time i washed this guys house i used 12.5% chlorine bleach mixed with a little bit of soap and down streamed it on to the house..the windows turned out nice and it only took me 4 hours. Good luck, stick with it, this a great bussiness to be in.

Thanks for the replies! The tapes are advertised on different web sites and the cleaner times magazine. The tape is "Exterior Housewashing with Brian Hegarty". The tapes did answer some questions for me but the $150 was way to high.

I have done my own deck, roof and driveway this fall. I have neighbors, friends and family all lined up for next spring. I'm just trying to learn everything I can so I don't waste a lot of time and money.

in my opinion you should check out the X-JET.

Very happy with it's use.

They have bleach friendly citric based soap's and special gutter cleaner's.

As you've read the glass is very very important to rinse well and NEVER let any chem dry on ANY surface. ESP> GLASS.