Sign in to follow this  
814jeffw

F-13 Questions

Question

I have a couple of questions about F-13(gutter grenade).I have always used butyl based products to remove the black streaking on gutters. My house wash mix contains bleach, so adding butyl to that mix is not an option. I always do the gutters with a separate sprayer, not really a big deal. But I'm always looking. From what I understand you can mix F-13 with chlorine, which would allow it to be mixed with my existing house wash. Now, is F-13 as good a cleaner for gutters as butyl based cleaner? And is it cost effective to add F-13 in an amount needed to a house wash mix for targeting gutter streaks as compared to the cost of butyl based cleaner run through a separate sprayer. I realize it's probably hard to beat the cost of using approximately a couple gallons of butyl at mixed strength (50/50),approximate cost $2-$3. But if it is close in comparison it would be worth the one less step involved. I hope my rambling here didn't confuse anyone.

Jeff

12 answers to this question

I use f-13 in my house wash mix. A little goes a long way. For really bad gutter I have a seperate mix of dilluted f-13 that I spray on seperately. Brushing is almost never needed. I do have problems when it is below 50 though.

Thanks for the response, I may give it a try. As far as temperature, it's the same with butyl based. When you mix it separately at what ratio, if you don't mind me asking, would be nice to have a starting point. Thanks!!

Jeff

I mix F-13 4:1 and brush it on gutters. For upper levels that can't be reached with an extension pole I x-jet it on. I really like the results but it is affected by temperature.

Why can't you mix butyl with bleach? I use Power House which is a butyl cleaner and almost always have bleach in the mix.

Hi Doug, thanks for the ratio information. I have seen the issue of butyl and chlorine being mixed on here in the past and don't know how it turned out. But I tried it once to see for myself and I didn't like the smell that came from it, nothing violent like turning frothy or anything just didn't like the smell. In my own testing they seemed to neutralize each other to a certain degree so I just ended it there. I am still not sure about the mixing of those two in the real World, but for my World I decided to stay away from it. Also it would seem wasteful to mix enough butyl based cleaner into my mix to make it strong to do what is only minimal surface area (gutters). I mix 35 gallons at a time and wouldn't want to waste a bunch of butyl based into a whole house wash mix. Wouldn't be cost effective.Not that big a deal to use a separate sprayer, was just wondering about the effectiveness of the f-13.I have a feeling it probably won't be as cost effective putting enough F-13 into the mix neither. I may buy a batch of F-13 and play a little." Pound for pound" which is better F-13 or butyl based cleaner?

Jeff

ATTACH]7267[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7268[/ATTACH]

Here are some before and after pictures of a gutter done with F-13. 4:1 ratio and brushed on. Temp was about 60 that day. I used Power House and SH at 3% on the vinyl.

post-2532-137772177632_thumb.jpg

post-2532-137772177636_thumb.jpg