Sign in to follow this  
ACleanerImage

Stripping/Sealing paver Driveway

Question

11 answers to this question

I buy my products directly from a local manufacturer. I used their stripper and paver plus sealer for the driveway. They do not really have a name for the products they sell. They just tell you what it is.

Kareem

When you stripped it. You applied the stripper with a pump sprayer and pressure wash it with hot water?????????????

Which acid did you wash with before sealing????

Thanks

LOL good job kareem...hopefully my info helped ya a little.... Its funy i post about 1-2 strip reseal pictures per month and get 1 or 2 responses and u post one and get like 7 lol. Also thankjs for the info....they do make the phosphoric im going to have to still mix in my own (special) ingredients becuase they dont have those but itll work. And to respond to anyone asking about hot water.... HOt water has NO affect on sealer. The chemical and pressure does all the work so though it wont hurt or help its just extra money in diesal that is uneeded.

Richard,

The stripper was rolled on. I let it soak in for about 15 mins. and started pressure cleaning. I did use heat when I pressure cleaned the driveway. My heater does not burn that much diesel. So I figured why not. I feel like it helps get the sealer off a liitle faster. I use hydrochloric acid 50/50 mix with water.

Cody,

You only get that many responses b/c they are use to you posting good jobs. I am a newbie they are trying to make me feel welcomed. They will be ignoring me soon. LOL! Your info did help. It made me feel comfortable with doing it more than anything. Alot of times it is hard to try new things when you are not sure how it will turn out. As a matter of fact this customer already has recommended me to one of his friends. They have about 4000 sq.ft. that needs to be stripped and resealed. After doing this one I am happy to do them. It means more money for me. :lgbounces