Sign in to follow this  
allstar

working out of a pickup truck

I work out of a pickup truck. I need something to keep my squeegies, t-bars, and hip buckets in. Something enclosed and portiable. I have tryed crates and buckets but it just does'nt seem organized. I do not want a tool box because I have A trac rack that slides. My squeeges seem to get beat up alot because of this. Does anyone have any good ideas?

My 18 and 22 inch Unger Ergotech and 24 inch Sorbo stay in a 5 gallon bucket with my 22 inch strip washer. This bucket also holds my water for cleaning windows, so it doesn't tip over in the bed of my pickup. I have a black plastic "trunk" from walmart that cost about 42 dollars, it's built really well, that I keep all my blades, scrapers, and extra stuff in that I hardly use. This doesn't get organized though. I always have to dig. When I used to wear a hip bucket I would just keep that on the back seat of my truck (4 door) along with my towels in a laundry basket. I got tired of the hip bucket though. I only do commercial stuff like strip-malls and restruants and it's easier to just carry the 5 gallon bucket with about 3 gallons of water. I've found that I stay dryer and more comfortable without a tool belt. Back to the subject though, I did cut 3 of 4 peices of pvc pipe to about a foot in length. I then mounted these to the top rail along the inside of the bed on the drivers side. I can put other squeegee's and strip washers in the pvc pipes so they're easy to get to but out of the way. Would not suggest this though if you believe they may get stolen, but it's worked for me.