Sign in to follow this  
Mat Mulholland

Daytona Beach FL. NEED WORK

Are there a lot of newbie pressure washers in your area driving down prices?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are there a lot of newbie pressure washers in your area driving down prices?

• Way too many! Its killing our industry.
    • There are a lot, but its not affecting me
    • There are, and there always will be.
    • Nope.

We do Roof Cleaning, Hot and Cold Pressure Washing, and Tree Trimming.

Home

We are so desperate for work its not funny. There are too many jokers with pathetic equipment running around asking for next to nothing for the real deal to make money. Any ideas or work leads would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you link to my site, I'll link to yours.

Thanks

Mat

Mat,

make some handbill flyers on your computer.

Print 3 to a page, double sided.

then take the master to staples and have copies made.

Cut 'em up yourself, w a razor blade... just black print on, well, a ream of many colors of paper is only $5...

Tell 'em abt your business and put your cell number on both sides.

Answer Every call!

Start out close to home and go door to door passing 'em out.

Let 'em see your smiling face and desire to work and do a good job for THEM.

...Go door to door, on FOOT !

r

I've been doing that for about a year now. I've got a great flyer and full equipment setup. I've got two rigs, one for residential and one hot water rig for commercial. Knocking on doors in Daytona has some interesting consequences. Apparently there are a lot of companies doing it, so the homeonwners are getting tired of it. Yesterday I actually got shoved out of the door instead of the usual F*** Off.

Anyway, my site's tone is similar to the way I talk to potential customers. Take a look and tell me what you think. Home

I've done

Hey,

Ive been in the same situation as you many times...... Construction should still be evrywhere up north your way..... I would contact home builders and construction companies.....paver installers to ask if they ned SITE cleanup sooo many do.... Also if i were you id look into paver sealing ...concrete staining ....theres always going to be a need for that.

Target Property Management companies. Many of the hacks, fly by night, beer money guys cant get to PM's. Around here now a majority if not all PM companies are requiring GL Insur & Workers Comp.. A few years back 1 or 2 would ask for my papers, now even the ones i do tons of biz with still require me to furnish my Insur certs. also many/most are requiring Workers Comp , not just GL. If you are not an S Corp I know some PM's that are requiring the Sole Prop & LLC's to show that they have WC on themselves. If I had to get WC on me, my rates would be way up there

Start targetting the PM's and dont stop. I do it all the time and yes sometimes it takes a long time to ever hear from them

good luck

Jeff

Mat, great website...

I just think a website is somewhere you might send someone, once you got your foot in the door...

OK, try this angle... make your loop thru town and hit all the lumberyards and nurseries. Solicit them, AND also present them w a short stack of flyers and ask if you can set them by the register of post on a bulletin board.

Someday after a few more I'll tell you abt Danny Franco...

Point being, you can NEVER give up, when in SALES, you can never rest on your laurels, and you must view ev-er-y-thing as an opportunity to make a sale.

I've been around construction and service work many, many moons.

All pretty straight forward after a while.

It's the people that are the challenge!

Try something differrent tomorrow.

r

Ok, I've gotten a lot of great tips here. You are right to think of EVERYTHING as an oportunity. I found out today that someone a church that I've been chatting with is the HOA president for one of the most expensive neighborhoods in town. What a break that was!

I have been talking to a few construction companies. I've got a lead in with KB Home right now, just waiting on some WC forms to finalize before I make my move. Hopefully that will go through. In the mean time I'm working with the Universities in the area to get all their buildings cleaned. I just bid a $15,700 job. It should take about 10-12 days with 2 other guys. I need an 80 foot lift! Do any of you guys ever use hanging scaffolding? If so, what are you thoughts and experiences with them.

Things are looking up. We are slowly making the transition from mostly Residential work to mostly Commercial. That way we can STAY busy.

Thanks for all your suggestions so far. Please, keep them comming.