Sign in to follow this  
Neil_Asheville

WoodTux Western Red Cedar

Question

WoodTux in Western Red Cedar on 15year OLD untreated thirsty pine. Thought I'd put these up for y'alls personal portfolio use since this will be a new stocked color from ESI. I've tinted my own to WRC, but this was the first project using ESI stocked color. I love it. These shots should help when offering your customers color choices. Feel free to email me for higher res versions.

happy staining...

/neil

post-1223-137772178033_thumb.jpg

post-1223-137772178038_thumb.jpg

post-1223-137772178042_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

Here are a few more of the same project. Finished it up yesterday. I was extremely pleased with outcome given the poor condition of this deck. I was most impressed with how much pigment stayed at the surface (hence great color) with as much product that I put down. Coverage rate was 180sf/gal, which is far lower than my experience with wtw. This was one of the most degraded decks I've done, though.

Christian, my WRC tint never came close to looking as good as this looks coming out of the pail.

Chaz, for this particular deck we brushed all the 6x6's, sprayed everything else. Two heavy coats wet on wet. Still could have taken more oil.

/neil

post-1223-137772178047_thumb.jpg

post-1223-137772178052_thumb.jpg

post-1223-137772178056_thumb.jpg

That really is an excellent rejuvenation.

Never seen untreated pine on a deck before. Looks like it held out alright for all those years.

Did you have a lot of sanding/deburring with it?