Sign in to follow this  
A C F

Problem area, Thanks ahead of time

Question

Hi everyone,

I am just getting started in the industry, and would like to ask a question. I have a house where the oil tank filler has a leak, and the vinyl siding has turned brown from the stain. What would everyone think would work best to get that out? I don't wian to destroy the siding.

I have done a search... a lot of info about oil stains on concrete, just not vinyl siding.

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

I will eventually get to set up a signature line.

Thanks,

Todd

A Clean Finish LLC

4 answers to this question

so the stain is comming from the leeking oil tank? I would suggest a 130 degree hot water bath and some mild detergent first see what comes off, if that dosen't take it all off I'd suggest a mild degreaser. With the sodium Hydroxide I'd say mix to general cleaning strength do a test patch in a small area to check for compatability, You may even be able to try some graffitti removal chems as a 1st option. I've been able to get pretty good results from them when cleaning oil from the sides of siding that was next to a garage.

The sodium hydroxide worked like a charm. I will try to get some pictures up to show how it turned out. I do not yet have a hot water rig, so that was out of the question.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Todd