Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Building boom

Question

It looks like the building boom may be slowing some. Theres still a lot of building going on, but i would say its been cut down 50% or more.

I put another help wanted ad in paper and compared to my last ad just a couple months ago, Im getting all kinds of tradesmen calling. Carpenters, surveyors, hell a couple construction supers have called, concrete guys not just the run of the mill cheap labor guys are calling

Its to bad, I dont like seeing all these guys looking for jobs. Will it effect my biz, the slow down, I dont think it will much, since we dont do hardly any new construction and most of our work are complexes. One PM has told me that they want the places kept clean for many reasons, but also for resale

We keep trucking the work just keeps coming every day, but I worry when I see a change like this

Whats your area like compared to a year or 2 or 3 ago

Life is good

JL

2 answers to this question

Still building like crazy here even though house sales and house prices have dropped..Busier then ever but I chalked that up to more experience more then anything.

Still building like crazy here even though house sales and house prices have dropped..Busier then ever but I chalked that up to more experience more then anything.

Hey John, didnt I see you on the internet in a *** video with Hillary, you look funny with a dog collar on. You and Mrs Clinton are freaky LOL

Its busy building around here still just not as much and I was surprised how many tradesmen called my help wanted ad