Sign in to follow this  
hawk

Thank's To All

Question

I have just made it ONE YEAR FULL TIME.

The attached slide show is not great, but I landed this job because I sounded more educated about what I was doing than anyone else. There is no way I could have done that without TGS and the many PRO'S that contribute to the success to people in this industry.

My Prices may have been low for other areas, but I bid $575 for siding and gutters. They got bids at $375 and $475, but turned them down because of the knowledge that I have aquired from you guys.

The owner showed up towards the end of the job and we stood there silent looking at her house until she said WOW!

I could have never, and I mean EVER done this without the years of hard work and knowledge that you people share everyday.

Y'all are the Best

Hank

J Place.pdf

7 answers to this question

The house looks great, but wow, $575! It appears to be about a 2800 sf house/garage. I would have charged $300 - and included the driveway.

I did three houses (working solo) just like this today, one of which had a deck that I stripped/prepped for staining. Two, two and a half hours tops. How long did it take you?

Great job and great price. A house like that here I get about $300 to Powerwash and if we clean out and flush the inside of the gutters that would be an additional $75.

I took my time on this. It is in a nice neiborhood and I wanted some exposer. If I would have busted it it may have taken 3.5 hrs. I had to clean out gutters that had little trees growing in them, then they were black and had to brush them pretty good. Also I cleaned the east side of the roof. So, it was a little more than just the house. I had offered to do the back patio, driveway and sidewalk for a total of $675 and they turned it down.

Hank - Great job on that house! Looks awesome! You echoed a lot of the same sentiment that I have for the folks on this board. The knowledge that I have gained on this board and from speaking to some personally gave me the confidence to really be a pro at what we do. That confidence and professionalism is conveyed to my customers and ultimately results in more business. As a group, we do the little things very professionally...logos, uniforms, signage, color business cards, and of course phenomenal work. Given what our competition is sometimes, I find it very easy to stand out with my own professionalism...all thanks to the information I have gathered from this board.

- John