Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Vinyl Siding

Question

I just received this in e-mail and thought I would pass it along to someone who may be interested in it.

My main focus is concrete cleaning, so it does not do me much good.

I know nothing about this company, other than what you see below. Inquire at your own risk.

December, 2003

Wanted Qualified Contractors

Are you experienced in cleaning vinyl siding? If so, there is a new

profitable business opportunity that will allow you to dramatically expand

your business. In your work you have seen vinyl siding that appears to be

faded or oxidized, what you're seeing is in fact TiO2 oxide particles

protruding from the vinyl siding. The end result, degraded vinyl surfaces

that create warranty problems for the manufactures.

In the past ten years alone 314 billion square feet of vinyl siding have

been installed in the United States. Within two to four years UV rays and

acid rain start to deteriorate the surface causing what appears to be fading

or oxidation. Vinyl ReNu can restore the vinyl surface for 50% to 70%

percent less cost than replacement and is becoming a cost effective option

of manufacturers.

We are currently in the process of assembling a nation wide network of

Qualified Contractors to handle warranty claims for the vinyl siding

manufacturers.

After extensive testing and product development Dur-A-Shield International,

Inc., in conjunction with the Polymer Science and Engineering Department at

SMU, developed Vinyl ReNu, an antimicrobial polymer, which penetrates and

fuses with the vinyl to form a protective surface shield. VinylReNu will

restore the color and prevent any further deterioration due to UV rays and

acid rain.

We invite you to consider becoming a Vinyl ReNu Dealer there are a number of

ways to profit by having your own exclusive geographical area. For more

information visit our web site www.vinylrenu.com, a complete technological

information package is available, fill out the dealer opportunities

application located on our home page and we will overnight the information

along with a video.

If you have any questions or if you would like to receive additional

information on Vinyl ReNu, please call me personally at 800-280-1322.

Vincent R. Valles, Sr.

President, Dur-A-Shield International, Inc.

10 answers to this question

their site says to brush on this stuff. can you imagine brushing a whole house. how long would that take. next it costs over 200 with shipping to do an 1800 sqft home. now add your markup then your labor. who is going to pay a grand or more to get this done? no one. Honestly, this stuff seems like a joke to me. just my .02

I've used it on 6 of my rentals and it works good, still waiting to see if it prevents mold and mildew, but they have a warrenty for 10 years. Seals the vinyl to stop oxidation. Brought back a lot of the color. I applied with an HVLP sprayer.... took about 4 hours total. Hardest part is the scrubbing. Have lined up some rental owners that are tired of having their rental units pressure washed because of mildew. Just another avenue to offer people. It is expensive in comparision, but like I said, it's just another option. If people want it, I'll do it. Talked with the guy over the phone... 70 plus years old, very pleasant and informative, someone that has been developing polymer products for a long time. Has other products for concrete, stucco, and aluminum. Call him and ask him about this stuff..... may add another area to make money. Just my .02

I did notice it said something about warranty claims. It might be worth it if the company is supplying you with the work, chems and then paying you themselves. I can't see a home owner paying that much out of their own pocket.

I went ahead and became a contractor/distributor with them. Cost me $2800, but it all went to product. If it takes off, especially with the warrenty claims, it could really be good business. Vincent is setting up a basic price of .60 per square ft. and .50 cents per mile travel for warrenty claims. If the vinyl companies come on board, then any claim that is in your area, my area is 9 counties, approx. 500,000 population area, will go to me only. I will do the job and invoice the vinyl company. If customers like this method to satisfy the warrenty claim, it will save the vinyl company tons of money. Also, if someone orders over the internet that is in your area, you make money too. If this doesn't take off... well I have enough rental homes to put it on and protect my investment and other rental owners that I could make my money back or some of it. The out of the pocket money is an issue, but I consider it almost the same as investing into getting your house painted. Just have to see how it goes. Like when I started pressure washing.

I went ahead and became a contractor/distributor with them. Cost me $2800, but it all went to product. If it takes off, especially with the warrenty claims, it could really be good business. Vincent is setting up a basic price of .60 per square ft. and .50 cents per mile travel for warrenty claims. If the vinyl companies come on board, then any claim that is in your area, my area is 9 counties, approx. 500,000 population area, will go to me only. I will do the job and invoice the vinyl company. If customers like this method to satisfy the warrenty claim, it will save the vinyl company tons of money. Also, if someone orders over the internet that is in your area, you make money too. If this doesn't take off... well I have enough rental homes to put it on and protect my investment and other rental owners that I could make my money back or some of it. The out of the pocket money is an issue, but I consider it almost the same as investing into getting your house painted. Just have to see how it goes. Like when I started pressure washing.

I was wondering how this worked out for you? I contacted them today and am expecting a phone call Monday.

My area was declared a disaster area because of the severe hail storms that rolled thru about a month ago. I have been estimating hail damaged siding replacement for 2 weeks now and a lot of homes are severely oxidized. Only 2 sides get replaced so the remaing 2 sides look like crap. Maybe this stuff will help?

Thanks,

Jesse