Sign in to follow this  
bsblltj

pricing

Question

Hi fellas i live in Upstate Ny and im getting alot of business, but i hope that i am not over quoting people prices. I have been taking the linear square ft of the house. If its a single story i have been multiplying my # by 1.00. @story 2.00 If the house is half and half 2 and 1 i have been going with 1.50. Most of my houses have been between 200 and 300 dollars. The house the i am currently working on is 55+32+40+55. Half the house is single story and the other half being 2 stories. The price that is came up with is 271.00 please let me know what you think about the quote.

Thanks TJ

8 answers to this question

Sounds like you're in the ball park. I use figures similar to that. Just bid a ranch here at around $250. I am doing that house Friday. I local competitor just had an ad out for a $125 house wash for any home up to 2,000 s.f. I would rather wash one house and make $250 to $275 than do three and make $375. You will lose half of the extra hundred driving between jobs and using extra fuel in your pressure washer. When you try to sell them again down the road they will expect the same low price. That is a recipe to go out of business.

Hi fellas i live in Upstate Ny and im getting alot of business,

That answers your question. In fact, you may be underpriced. Based upon the prices I have seen from Philly to NY to Boston the house you listed would go for $550-$600.

I base my housewash pricing on the square footage of the house. I am now able to do 90% of my estimates over the phone, saving gas and time. Customers appreciate the quick response and are usually so shocked to actually have someone answer the phone (my business # is my cell phone) that many people will schedule on the spot or call back (they really do!) in a few days.

Oh yeah, I charge 10 cents per sq foot.

They should be the same (an exception would be a detached garage).

2000sq.ft.interior area=50x40

50+40+50+40=180Ln.ft. of wall x 11'height=1980 sq.ft. of wall

Figuring 8' walls + 3' worth of eave and roof trim I say it pretty darn good way to do it John!! :)