Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

Downstreaning/x-jetting

Question

Been using x-jet for about 8 years. Considering trying downstreaming again. Stopped downstreaming years ago- could not get good concentration of chemicals on surfaces, use a variable wand which means I have to run back to the trailer constantly, and sometimes soap could not be drawn due to size and length of hose. If I could find a more efficient manner to apply chemicals, I would consider trying it. Also, I will say some out there seem to make this line of work more complicated than it really is. My theory is keep it simple. I spent a lot of money trying to have the best looking and highest quality rig and equipment. I know of a guy who makes a good living with a mediocre set up and does great work. He did not go overboard trying to look the best. He doesn't have a great looking rig, hot water unit, or a great surface cleaner. But, he does great work, is reliable, honest, and gets top dollar for his services. I do not waste my time trying to figure out ratios, draw rates, etc. I get out there, bust my ass, give great customer service, do quality work, and am properly compensated. All I am saying is keep it simple.

Mark

Santa Rosa Beach, Fl.

Shoreline Window Cleaning & Pressure Washing

1 answer to this question