I'm looking into getting a hot box for my trailer. I have a 4gpm/3500psi direct drive unit. I don't need hot water very often but would like the option if needed. Can't really justify dropping 5k+ on a new hot water unit. What is involved in linking a hot box to my existing unit? Do I need to keep a battery charged for the burner and fuel pump? What are the pitfalls of running this type of setup? The high pressure hose hook up isn't an issue, it's really about running the burner and pump (I assume there is some type of fuel pump for the burner fuel). Any and all advice welcome.

Hugs.

Water flow wise, PW---->hot box inlet via a jumper hose(3ft or so)--->hot box outlet to hose reel like normal via a short jumper again.

If you get a 120 volt unit you will not need battery or charger as long as you have an outlet available.

Scott

I bought mine from Dultmeier. Cost around $1500 for an oil fired, 12 volt system. The pressure washer I use for it is a 4000psi 4gpm and works fine but it does have a 20 amp charging system on the pressure washer. But you can always hook it up to a car battery and then charged thru your vehicle system. Been working like that for almost 7 years without any hitch because of wiring. Mine was made by Allied Mfg.

http://www.alliedpressurewashers.com/images/Big_images/Hot_box_new.jpg

Dan

A propane fired heater has a "power pile" thermocouple. Basically, once you light the pilot, the thermocouple creates voltage to open and close the gas valve. The only drawback to this system is a ready supply of extra fuel. You need to make real sure you've got extra because LP is not as readily available as kerosene or diesel.