Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Extra Hose For Deckster? How do you guys do it?

Question

Cant figure out how to roll this thing around with a full 5'er of seal mounted to it! Any tips? Can I pick up more of the 3/8" hose and QC without the loss of pressure? Also, didn't come with a "box" to cover the battery terminals. Should I be concerned about blowing myself up when that seal drips on the terminals?

3 answers to this question

Cant figure out how to roll this thing around with a full 5'er of seal mounted to it! Any tips? Can I pick up more of the 3/8" hose and QC without the loss of pressure? Also, didn't come with a "box" to cover the battery terminals. Should I be concerned about blowing myself up when that seal drips on the terminals?

We have up to 250' of hose on the unit and it still works fine.

As far as the battery terminals, the problem starts if the terminals get shorted by something conductive (Spray lance for example) landing on the two poles and causing a spark which could ignite any flammables in range.

Rod!~

Yowza! I just ordered the battery cover from Sunbrite. Surprising that, for liability sake, the cover is not included with the unit! Also, do any of you have 2 batteries mounted on the unit? Curious how many hours of spray time the pump operates on with a single 14.4...

Ah ha! I figured it out! Spoke with Tracy today @ Sunbrite, AWESOME guy! Man, very helpful. Sorted me out with the battery cover and gave me lots of great tips on using the Deckster. Had a blast with it today! If you dont have one, get one!