Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

Dam Unloader Valve Blew Out Hose

Question

we just started a big job today and I started the pressure washer for my wife and as the pressure built it blew the hose from too much pressure. My guess is the unloader valve failed to relieve the pressure . This rig is 10 years old . 3200 psi 4 gal. 11 hp honda. I'll order a whole new pump instead of just the unloader valve since its 10 years old. It was just a bad time for this to happen. Luckily I was close enough to a store to get another one. Oh well there goes the profit on that job. 3750psi 4 gal. 13 hp honda back in business. anyone else have this happen?

5 answers to this question

K7 went out on me once, this year I replaced it again and plan to each year.

The other mounted on the Hydrotek 2 gun unit is a green spring and very tough. 3 years so far (fingers crossed).

Stuff happens, it is also a good idea to have an extra unloader on hand J.I.C.

Rod!~

mine seem to happen on BIG jobs. I even thought to myself this am.as I was loading up, at least I'm close to a store if something happens. My goal is to finish in a day an this job pressed the envelope of physical endurance for pressure washing . 2 decks and a swing set. Everyone on this board knows the toll this work takes on you so we try and schedule only a few of these killer days. turned out ok in the end. Its just that you have no idea when the shi$ will hit the fan.

K7 went out on me once, this year I replaced it again and plan to each year.

The other mounted on the Hydrotek 2 gun unit is a green spring and very tough. 3 years so far (fingers crossed).

Stuff happens, it is also a good idea to have an extra unloader on hand J.I.C.

Rod!~

Have you thought of a K-1 for your HydroTek? I was told it could not be done, but I did it and it's worked beautifully for over 1000 hours. An 8 gpm "kick" will wear you out.

Nothing wrong with 10 years of service. What kind of shape was the hose in? I get about 4 or 5 years out of a hose before it blows.

new unit has 13hp honda

I believe the unloader valve let the pressure keep building and the weak spot was near the fitting at the gun and blew. 10 years and it owes me nothing. I'll order a new pump and unloader and use it as a back up unit. My other unit is on its second pump after 8 years so I can't complain. When that one went the unloader wouldn't build pressure. IMO not worth just replacing the unloader on pumps that old. the older units have 11hp hondas and they are bulletproof with good oil and filter changes.