Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Do Not Mail" List

If people are too lazy to throw out the junk mail than they have other issues. Besides if a company wants to spend the kind of money required to send junk mail, might as well let them. Post office would only up stamps twice as much if they didnt make money off bulk mail stuff

Plus how would they define junk? Some people just toss their bills too and wait to pay it late.

From a everyday person, I like it. I throw away tons of junk mail everyday. As a business owner, I don't like is since mail is my main form of advertising.

I don't see it passing though, the USPS would fight it to the end, they would lose to much money.

As it is now, there are mailing lists that have the DNM designation for addresses that request it. Also if you receive mail back asking to be added to the DNM list, you are supposed to honor that and not mail to them.

Beth

Sorry, once you call and get an estimate from us, we will continue to send them out for the sake of keeping in touch with those who showed an interest in protecting their investment.

Unless the current resident has asked to be removed, we will do so until we do a look up and see if anyone new has taken up the residence, then we will send a reminder card to that new resident.

For the record, we have only had one ask to be removed.

Rod!~

After thinking about it more, I am not worried about it all that much. The do not call list was huge, unsolicited calls during dinner and evenings is so annoying and therefore that much motive to eliminate it. Unsolicited mail is dealt with once per day at their convienance and simply disregarded without any pressure from salesman. I just can't imagine that much of an effort into a do not mail program.

I do think that should someone request no mailings, respect it.