Sign in to follow this  
moorepowerwash

Cleaning out gutters and downspouts?

First commercial gutter cleaning job, don't have pic, but was wondering what method you guys use? The property is one story they are 10 buildings with 4 units to a building and one with five units a total of 45.If you need more info to help me figure the best method just ask.I start the job next week.Thanks for any help.

Are the roofs walkable?

We use back pack blowers and we will have a small extension pole, like a painter pole with a hook on t ( we use the little painters sausage roller handles from Lowes, theres a 3" or a 4" roller handle, use the 3" one it goes in the gutter better) With the pole & hook and blower you can get everything out. Blower gets most the stuff and hook helps if they are stuffed with debris. We also use an electrician fish, when needed to check the down spout elbow and then we go and check lower downspouts and clear them is needed. Sometimes we'll dismantle partd of downspouts if needed

Usually we dont need to flush with water, but if they are packed with shingle granules you may have to flush and the stuff can make a mess

Then go around with blower and trash bag for on ground cleanup of gutter debris

Be careful on walking roofs, but backpack blower are great for gutter cleaning

I love large gutter cleaning jobs

Jeff

Hello Jeff, thanks for your reply,as for the roof the answer is yes they are walkable very level all the way around all 11 buildings. About the blower I do not have a back pack but I do have a very powerful but small hand held.Do your think that would work ok with the other items you suggested.Also thanks for the contract info that you sent me it has been real helpful. chris

Hello Jeff, thanks for your reply,as for the roof the answer is yes they are walkable very level all the way around all 11 buildings. About the blower I do not have a back pack but I do have a very powerful but small hand held.Do your think that would work ok with the other items you suggested.Also thanks for the contract info that you sent me it has been real helpful. chris

As long as it is powerful and the roofs are level, other wise the back pack is safer to use & carry

Your welcome

good luck

Jeff

we use the gutter spoon,a plastic spoom with threads in it to put on a painters pole

or if you have long stretches of straight gutters, use a pressure washer.

I use a trigger gun and a small straight lance on it with the xjet

Hello again, the HOA through me a curve ball with this property there are a few places were I can access water but because of so called political issues I was requested not to use the water on the property so I have to find a different source to supply my water the only other option I have is my own and it is city water. I have a 300 gal tank and am trying to figure in a price to supply the water for the complete job. How much extra would you guys charge for this inconvience. For the total job if I have figured right it will take about six times if I use low pressure for all vinyl siding. I'am figuring it will take about an hr per tank to stop travel to my home and fill up my tank. Any input would be help I have won the bid all I need to do is factor this in and I need help because I have never had to do this before. thanks chris

Rent a fire hydrant meter. Shouldnt be any issues with that. Other wise charge them real high, then they might thnk again about not letting you use the water. You shouldnt need to much water for cleaning out gutters

Thanks jeff, no I will not need to much if any water for the gutters' unless they are packed full of granules but were I will need the water is on the vinyl and the concrete pads for each unit. I will check with the city about the hydrant. thanks,chris