Sign in to follow this  
n4rb

Questions from the new guy

Question

Hey everybody, just found this forum, and I must say, it's awesome! :)

I have a couple of questions, since I am looking into starting my Pressure Washing Business, since there are none in my area.

1) I have yet to figure out ... How do you clean 2 story buildings? If you use a ladder, don't you get water under the vinyl siding (which is bad)?

2) Where is a good place to get insurance from?

3) Engine bays ... what's a good way to clean those? Use a degreaser from the auto parts store, spray it down, let it soak, then rinse off with low pressure (or lowest high pressure), while covering up the alternator, fuse box, and distributor? Leave engine running?

I might have many more questions to go, but I would appreciate yalls input smile.gif

13 answers to this question

n4rb who can down stream or use a x jet i use a xjet you can pick one up at a pressure supply or good own pressure tek . some guys like to down stream . we use a company in our town but there are lot out there , gt at less 1 mill. we use f18 from pressure tek but there are many good ones out , others will shorely chim in good luck

I 've been a moderator from the start of these internet site's. This is one stupid question. I mean stupid. Or lazy!!!!

Thanks for the help buddy! A real nice guy you are, aren't you?

Thanks for the help buddy! A real nice guy you are, aren't you?

I also prefer to help those who make an effort to help themselves.There is a search function at the top of the page that will enable you to find most if not all of the answers you seek.The same questions have been asked by hundreds of noobies since these BBS were started and the answers are in the archives.Then if you can't find the answers ask in a post.

new guy,

Please feel welcome as the next. There are various forum sections you can showcase your work, discuss beliefs on things of the day, personality, etc.. Give it some time and browse abit as browsing TGS is like opening a complete guidebook ...or storybook..hehe..probably gotta submit to a little jivin here and there as ya go till people get to know ya.. :)

Kevin,

No one said noobie wasn't welcome.However,there are a large number of us who feel that we shouldnt be handing someone all the info without them putting in a little effort.If they are to lazy to use the search function they won't get far with the actual work.

Kevin,

No one said noobie wasn't welcome.However,there are a large number of us who feel that we shouldnt be handing someone all the info without them putting in a little effort.If they are to lazy to use the search function they won't get far with the actual work.

True true Scott. I was welcoming him as that is just the kinda fella I am :)

Ok I'll hold'em and you gut'em,,haha..Wesley and you got me thinkin deer huntin now and I got to wait til Oct. fer my draw season..

I did make some effort to look, I was just looking for input on where to find good liability insurance. Another thing is, about the XJet, would I be able to use that for 2 story homes without problem? From what I understand is that XJet is to apply chemicals in high area, but what about if I disconnect the actual chemical, will I still have enough pressure to reach those high areas? Or maybe I am just mixing my chemical wrong? Should, for instance, mold on vinyl sidings easily come off without applying much pressure?

Whatever, the guy needs some help ... That's what the forum is for...

You will hear people swear by down streaming, and some by x-jetting .. I prefer x-jetting b/c I can get a good batch of chemical pretty high let it set for like 4 minutes then rinse it off with the x-jet as well with the chem. hose unattached.

2) Get your insurance with "Joseph D Walters" I pay like 100 / month for a 2 million policy. the 1 and 2 million are not to far apart so I went with the 2 mil.

PS.. Every situation is different, but most of the time the chemical does all the work for me (even on 2 story) and I x-jet it up there and rinse it off.. There will be some times when you have to get on a roof or a ladder to get the dormors or other things that require a different angle ..

Chems are something you just have to try and play with for yourself.

The first step in finding good chems is to stop shopping for them at auto parts stores, home depot, lowes and walmart. Most of these if applied straigh from the bottle wont compare to the things we use ar anywhere from 5:1 even up to 40:1.

Use the seearch button. All these concerns have been addressed on this site already. I found 2 or your 3 answers in about 5.32 seconds.

As for the insurance just check your local insurance companys. other then that the best way to learn is by doing to jobs and figure out what works best for you people like the x jet i my self havnt used it i fill a ladder is the best way to make sure everything gets clean and if a ladder is not suitable ill pressure the chemicals through the pump.

I have been in business for only 6 years and know that i still have alot to learn