Sign in to follow this  
Clear Shine Maintenance

Bidding this job- what do you think?

Question

I'm going to bid this facility, but unshure of a few things. First off, I tested a spot on the ground level, and hardly budged the stains with pretreating with SH/soap/water (50/50) until I pressure washed it. It is a concrete fashia/sophet. Is there something better i should pretreat or downstream with? Caustic Beads? What do you think? My second question is what should I charge? sq. ft. price? It is just on two secions but all around the building just on the sofett/fashia just off the roof and at the bottom (see pic). I already priced a JLG 60 ft. boom thats going to run me $1000/week that I will factor into the bid. The roof line is approx. 30-40 ft from the ground up... Tell me what you think....

post-3012-137772184981_thumb.jpg

post-3012-13777218499_thumb.jpg

post-3012-137772184994_thumb.jpg

post-3012-137772184997_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

I would call Eacochem or Prosoco and get pricing and recomendations on cleaners to use. Restoration cleaners are usually not cheap. Get samples if you can and do some more test spots. Estimate the cost of the cleaners based on that then add pricing for the lift and labor. I have not done a building with that much stone work but I'm thinking $3.00/lin foot not including the lift. Be sure to charge accordingly for the columns and entrance. Keep in mind too that the restoration cleaners will probably have to be applied with a pump up sprayer.

Doug, three dollars per LF would be an absolute lowball pimple on the azz of true restoration for a stone building. I say this because this is specialty restoration versus run-of-the-mill pressure washing. (lifts, dangerous acids, potential masonry burning, landscape worries, ground coordination for implemnting OSHA standards, additional insurance etc). $10 per LF might be more in the ballpark.

Clear, please do much more research before you dive into this one. Your potential for scarring that building or creating efflorescence issues is through the roof based upon your post.

I would check that lift price it seems real low for a 60 footer for a week. Base price should be more. They dont always tell you TOTAL until you ask or rent it. theres at least a $75 each way pick up delivery charge, taxes and madatory insurance that usually is another 12% on top of everything. 60 footer I forget but its at least $1800 a week around here and possibly more than that

Get your #'s correct

Give me a call sometime and I can give you some ideas on how we price. We just finished a 7 story retirement home and had to rent a 80 ft. lift. We also use EaCoChem products on this job. Also if Jeff is willing,He gave me some excellent advice when I was pricing the job.

Michael

434-941-7228

434-352-5559

I would check that lift price it seems real low for a 60 footer for a week. Base price should be more. They dont always tell you TOTAL until you ask or rent it. theres at least a $75 each way pick up delivery charge, taxes and madatory insurance that usually is another 12% on top of everything. 60 footer I forget but its at least $1800 a week around here and possibly more than that

Get your #'s correct

Jeff, I did. I have rented stuff from this company before. My total cost delivered, tax, title, shipping, fuel surcharge, EPA charge, and gas tax is $1068.00 for the week . It is a 4x4 straight boom 60 ft. lift, JLG or Gienie. I have been in business for 13 years full time and know to do my homework ahead of time so that is why I am asking you guys what you think. I am shifting my company from primarially janitorial/window cleaning side to the exterior cleaning and roof cleaning. I appreciate everyone's imput so far and welcome more.

Give me a call sometime and I can give you some ideas on how we price. We just finished a 7 story retirement home and had to rent a 80 ft. lift. We also use EaCoChem products on this job. Also if Jeff is willing,He gave me some excellent advice when I was pricing the job.

Michael

434-941-7228

434-352-5559

I will try to call you this weekend or monday...thanks again

Jeff, I did. I have rented stuff from this company before. My total cost delivered, tax, title, shipping, fuel surcharge, EPA charge, and gas tax is $1068.00 for the week . It is a 4x4 straight boom 60 ft. lift, JLG or Gienie. I have been in business for 13 years full time and know to do my homework ahead of time so that is why I am asking you guys what you think. I am shifting my company from primarially janitorial/window cleaning side to the exterior cleaning and roof cleaning. I appreciate everyone's imput so far and welcome more.

Damn good price, you are lucky.

I have never done a big restoration cleaning like that building. I did a huge entrance wall that looks like the same as whats on that building and did not like my finished product. i thought it was just concrete. I was limestone

Best advise, Call Prosco & Echochem, they know this stuff

Good luck

Thanks jeff, I plan on calling them monday. I was going to try to call someone like them, but I just didnt know who it was I needed to call lol. I don't really know how much of a restoration job this is going to be and that is why I am asking. It is a 9 year old building so fortunately this stuff hasn't been on there too terribly long.....