Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Janitor finds Elvis's gun in toliet

Question

4 answers to this question

Sounds like he stole it and had second thoughts. Why would any self respecting person take a found gun home and only turn it in when it gets news coverage? Most people would turn it in when found, unless your the guy that stole it. What an idiot, the spotlight is on him, and I bet we see a follow up story that says he did it, and fabricated the story to save his butt.

The guy find it off hours?. If so then could see why he took custody of it..can't go leaving a crap covered gun laying around just anywhere right..lol

If I should ever decide to take up outhouse cleaning/pumping and I find a gun in the poop I might be inclined to think someone really didn't want it and but would only have to think for a split second on actually keeping it....Is gonna be property owners right to claim it after law enforcement is done with it. Something tells me though to doubt that standard lost and found practice of getting to keep such item after a waiting period at the police station might not apply everywhere due to item possably being used in some obscure or as of yet unreported crime.

Newer guns are all registered so true owner of lost or stolen gun wouldn't go unfound but ones made back 20 years or so found on public land might as well be called finders keepers.