Sign in to follow this  
Gutter Squad

State Licenses

Anyone else here from Ohio?

I have been operating for about a year now (up & down). I am specialized toward gutter cleaning & basic house washes. We use a 2.5 GPM unit & a 4 GPM unit - I'm a simple cherry fan. I have scored a few four figure gutter cleaning contracts in Dayton for apartment complexes (nothing amazing, but keeping me alive). I am fully insured and also have my service vendors license for collecting sales tax.

My question: Does anyone know of any other licensing that I should have in the state of Ohio? When I started up, I called just about every governmental office I could think of and none could come up with any special license requirements.

Aqua Force Pressure Washing

The Gutter Cleaning Co.

Dayton-Springfield-Columbus (Ohio)

info@theguttercleaningco.com

Gutter Squad,

I live in Canton. Ohio is a Joke when it comes to requirments. All you need is Workman's Comp and Liability insurance. Guess what? Most Painters, PW'ers have none of these. I'd say 80% + don't carry insurance, pay employees under the table and cheat us all out of our Soc. Sec. Life sucks when we try to compete against them. My friend, pay your insurance, get real employees and do the right thing. You will build your business and sleep better at night. If I can help you anyway, Please let me know.

Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.,

Thanks for your reply (and everyone else's). It looks like I have all that I need then... it just really seemed like I needed something else considering all the red tape in other states!

I do have two 1099 contractors, carry full liability insurance, and pay my WC insurance (and my double-dipped SS tax).

Thanks Again!