Sign in to follow this  
Jon

ICE. not cold ice, read and program your cell.

Question

ICE campaign - "In Case of Emergency"

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in the memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call.

Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the person to contact in case of an emergency? Hence this: " ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign

The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of the person or persons who should be contacted during an emergency under the name: "ICE" (In Case Of Emergency)

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He, therefore, thought that it would be a good idea if there were a nationally-recognized name for this purpose.

In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE."

Please forward this. It won't take too many forwards before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life or put a loved one's mind at rest. (Or get a loved one's feet into action.)

For more than one contact name, simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 or however many you want to help you. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ A great idea that will make a difference!

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing one or more ICE numbers in our mobile phones today!

3 answers to this question

Hey, where is your signature? Better get with the program or face serious infractions.j/k Nice to see you around Jon, how are the eyes doing?

My new LG phone has a special section called ICE just for that. Guess it is catchig on in many ways.

Alan my signature is oh hold, I am waiting for the Lady of TGS to put it in, the logo and link to my web store.

Each time I try it it goes straight to my Email.

Go ahead and write me up if it pleases you but I must warn you, white vehicles are the color of choice to paint on!

I have been very busy getting books listed, now at around 6300 listed and 40,000 plus setting in the garage waiting their turn.

Looks like most my trips to CA are over, might be one more load but not sure yet, waiting to find out how many and if it is worth my time.

How's things with you?

Jon