Sign in to follow this  
PA Dutchman

Insurance

My insurance agent has been phenominal, not only have they been able to save me and my business money, but they truly have shown signs of a company that cares about and for my success. They recently informed me that they are PA statewide and have been certified to expand into the state of Maryland....yes geico has been able to save folks 15% BUT their statistics calculate savings in the 37% range..

PM or email me your contact info and I can pass it to them. Believe me you will appriciate what they can do for you. Dennis, Joe, Valerie, Brian, and Liz are some amazingly caring people, who have been recently recognized by the insurance industry...finished in the top 3.

garyschell@comcast.net

Not saying you did not get a deal , but you should ask them if it covers , auto , fire if anything caught on fire , hazmat for spills or leaks that might have to be clean up . deductables , other that went to this weeks round table will have more to say , please ask them to be on the safe side

After going to this months ACR round table, listening to Jack Kramers experience, I am going to be looking into our coverage with a bit more scrutiny. He woke me up to some devastating potential holes in coverage...The Exclusions!

Rod!~

Have no idea what went on or what was said at RT but how about sharing the jist of it...

Exclusions and what is not covered or how much is of great importance.

When I recently went through about 2 weeks of non stop search for best carrier I weighed and balanced cost to coverage or lack of coverage and exclusions and ended up seeing none more overwhelmingly better then another far as sneaking in the exclusions. What I did see is that the line #6 Care/custody which is akin to comprehensive coverage on a car is out the window with most inexpensive providers except for Joe Walter's. Am not saying it fantastic or great since the individual coverages covered under that part is rather low compared to the main yearly aggregates but hey it better then nothing. Below is link to an actual Accord binder put up by a guy up the hill from me. I find it somewhat amusing the guy puts up such info but that mainly his line 6 is not filled in and therefore what he is actually caring for is not actually covered.

Tahoe City's Top Choice For Quality Painting & Staining - Chapman Painting Inc.

I missed part of the talk, but what I did get is his box truck burned and it also I think burnt part of a house he owned and since it was his own house insurance didn't cover everything and the truck was only partially covered. He had to fight for a couple months to get the payoff up from 13? to I think it was 23K

I know with my insurance the actual trailers are covered under my commercial auto , but not the equipment. I had to get a separate Marine Policy and list all equipment/ I also have to list the zip code where my trucks & trailers are stored, which is a PITA since I sometimes have some of my trucks at my house or at the shop and you can only list one zip code, some zip codes are more expensive than others. Don't assume that you are totally covered on everything, the insurance companies are always looking for a way to short change you. I have a 3 million umbrella policy on my house ( its cheap less $200 a year) it covers a lot that my HO insurance covers like larger lawsuits its also why I am Incorporated, that also gives me some protection

He also had to get Hazmat clean up and it did not cover the hazmat cleanup/ I'm sure someone will chime in on the parts I missed