Sign in to follow this  
FLORIN

SCAM---Too funny.

Question

I cant believe some people are still trying to do this check cashing scam. I got this in response to an ad I have online. I didnt even advertise any interior cleaning. I dont do that. I kept writing back just to see what they say or do. What also funny is im Romanian. Im not sure if its a coincidence that they stated that country or they researched my name. Below are the emails and responses.....

Hello,

My name is Deborah. I saw your Advert on computer as a house hold cleaner.I am Looking for a House Hold cleaner/painter who is going to help me take care of my House in washington . By cleaning My Carpet,rug,Washing and painting My house for me.I am currently In Romania right now to see my sick mom for about 1 week now and i am about to come home soon.So My House is very dirty and i am Looking for a house hold cleaner who is going to clean the house,clean my carpet rug and give the house a new Paint.I will Like to know if you can do any of this work next weekend. And how much It is going to cost you for the service.please get back to me as soon as you get this email if you are interested.

Regards

Deborah

MY RESPONSE....

Hello Deborah,

My company only does exterior cleaning and soft washing and pressure washing. No painting. If you are still interested please respond and i will make a bid on your home. I will need to come out on site to make the bid.

Florin

ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC

THEIRS...

Hello Florin,

Thanks for writting back.I am very Glad to hear back from you.Like you know i am currently In Romania right now taking care of my sick Mom.Then It will be hard to go show you the house.But I can email you the pictures of the house.And if you are down with me i can fedex you the keys to the House after you receive the payment.So I need a trust worthy person because of my properties .So I will need your Contact Number where I can communicate with you On the Phone.I will Like to know when you can start after when you receive the payment.

I live In a 4 bedroom.And It has a 3 Bathroom In it.The House have a garage and a swimming Pool.I will be coming back In a week now from now.I will be happy if you can take care of the place and make it very clean and tidy for my coming back.

I will Like to be sending you the payment.After the payment get to you I will Fedex you the key for the House and also the address of the place so you can go and start your work there and hold the key for me.I hope you can take care of the place for me.

I am Ok with everything But I will Like to send you the payment first In advance.So you should know i am serious about it.

I will like you to do me a favour, since you will be doing this Job for me definatly i will be back home soon i have decide to start runing things with you with trust , I have inform my boss to send you all my payment including my traveling allowance .Because my boss is complaining he can'nt double issued to 2 different people and it's not easy to cash a foreign check here expecially when you dont have an account here ,And company policy dont wired cash because every salary or allowances paid is put into writting and have to be signed by management,So i need your help as soon as you recieve the payment kindly deduct the price from it and help me to send back the diferences funds to the hospital for my mom surgery bill and to take care of my traveling expenses and my return ticket back to the state.i Hope i can trust you In doing this for me???

I will also like to know if you can be able to pick me up at the airport because I will be coming down to the house from airport.

I await your quick response it will be very nice to live with you.So I hope I will be able to trust you with the balance of the money by sending the excess balance to me as soon as you get the check after cashing it at your bank.Please assure me your trust because i want to deal with people with trust.

So after the Check get to you i am going to send you the keys to my House and let you know how to locate the place when the check get to you.

So if you are Interested In doing the Job for me and you want me to contact my boss to send you the payment.So I will need this infor from you.

Your Full Name which will appear on the check/money order

Home Address:where you want it to send to.

Contact Phone Number:

If you are still Interested In doing this Job for me please Kindly get back to me with that infor so i can contact my boss to send you the payment on time.

Please write back soon.

Regards

Deborah

MINE..

hat sounds good Deborah. Im sorry to hear about your mom. My mom has been having some heart troubles herself here lately. Please email the pictures and description of all you need done so i could give you general price of my services. You will find that me and my company are very trustworthy. We will take great care of cleaning your home and safekeeping of the keys until you return. Will you contact your boss or do you need me to contact him and refer to your name. Also usually I have all checks payable to the company name ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC. If that is a big problem with your boss I guess i could do it to personal account. Please email me if this is all ok.

Florin

Again too funny. Sorry for the long read.

6 answers to this question

yep. I keep trying to play around with these guys and make them think that im biting. Inn some later emails to them i keep insisting on a adress so i could see the property or at least pics but they seem to not care about my price. In one of them i said how will you know your check will cover my expenses and have enough for their travels and sick mother. Got a response on instructions on cashing the check. Whatever.

Kind of tells you how many responses they really get to these things. They are probably a bunch of form letters that are just serialized. Alls they know is that number one is number one, etc.

This is the latest response... Notice the slang vergage " if you are down with me"....

Thanks for writting me back.How are you doing today?Hope fine....I would like to ask you few question again before proceeding with this transaction....Will you be able to wire the excess funds same day and immediately you receive the payment to mytraveling agent for my flight ticket to return back to state?I am very Glad to hear back from you with your information.And if you are down with me about the payment so i need your help as soon as you recieve the check payment kindly deduct your service money out of it okay and help me to send back the diferences funds to the traveling agent for my returnning ticket back to state chrismas okay.Pls if you are okay with me i will happy to read from you soon, so that my boss can issue the check to you this week,hope to haer from you soon.Thanks and god bless you.

Regards,

deborah

Florin,

Playing games with these scammers using a business email addy can be dangerous.This is a variation of the typical 419 Nigeria scam.Often times these people have criminal contact is the US who very possibly could find a way locate you.PLease be extremely careful if you procede with this.

In the mean time check out Welcome to the 419 Eater

I really dont have too much fear of them at this time. My whole point of keeping this going is to waste their time. When i do cut it(which might be soon) i will do it cordially and not tell them off. Ill tell them something along the lines of bank verified funds before cashing or i will cut it off before the check will be sent