Sign in to follow this  
Pams Pressure & Clean

School Time!!

Question

As a newbie to the business of pressure washing for fun and profit ;), we would like to learn as much as possible so that we may be the best we can be. Quality sells, and we want to sell alot!

Before getting into wood for paying clients, we would like to experiment on something a bit less conspicuous..namely our own deck/home

The home is approx 25 yrs old, 1400 +/- sq ft, and had been kept up poorly before we got it several years ago, but since then has been cleaned and stained. It is a pre-fab home with cedar siding.

We built the deck about 3 yrs ago and stained it after a few months. Pressure treated pine. 12' x 24' ft

We would like to clean the house and strip/reseal the deck.

Any good tips / products / methods that you might suggest?

Also, are there any suppliers who offer trail samples for just such a purpose?

BTW, we are in the sunny south so heat, humidity, and scorching sun resistance is priority.

Thanks for any and all...

Pam

2 answers to this question

Hi Pam,

There is a link on our site to get a kit, just put your info in it. I'll be printing the thread and keeping everything together that way. :)

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=124

We have a toll free number for ordering and product support. 1-877-H2O-WASH (877-426-9274) and once you get the kit I would be happy to help you with the products. Since you're new I'll give you the standard "lecture" now...

Be safe. Never take shortcuts.

Wear protective nitrile gloves

Wear safety goggles

Wear a respirator.

Now I know that we ladies like to look good, but you know what? These chemicals should only be used when you're properly equipped.

So....do it. Several years back I got a little TINY bit of Oxylic acid on me and WOW did that hurt.

The Wood Tux samples will be fun! :) The colors are great, the product is wonderful and it's easy to apply.

What stain is on the deck? What is on the cedar siding? I can tell you what you'll need for the whole job, once I know that.

You also mentioned heat being an issue, and you're right! You have to be careful to avoid heat stroke. We also sell Camelbak hydration systems that allow you to drink as you work, which in many cases would otherwise be hard to do.

go to www.thegrimescene.com and click Shop Online, then click the category for Saftey. You'll see them there.

Give me a call when it's convenient for you, and let me know what's on the deck and house.

Beth:)