Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

Drought for Estern Carolina??

Question

I know there is a drought in the south eastern part of the country but are there restrictions for us here in Coastal Carolina. I did a search online and it didn't apear to be in our county due the the fact we operate on a well. I know the western part of the state is in severe drought and also the surounding states. I just don't want to get caught for using a bunch of water while in a drought. Whats the word on for us here in Coastal Caralina.

Dane

15 answers to this question

Dane -

As far as I know, it's "county specific". You may want to contact your local county offices and inquire as to what kind of restrictions you have...if any. We needed separate approval from 3 different counties to continue operations.

- John

Yeah I am going to call the local water authotity to check it ou. The only reason I am asking this Q is cause I was walking in to some businesses and they asked me about the drought and I was unsure.

Celeste-thanks for the link.

John-I was looking at you web site, nice site, could you tell me what you use on the gutters?

Thanks, Dane

Dane, most areas are not restricting legitimate companies from staying in business. The state has even publicly expressed concern for that. Some areas are cutting back on what is perceived as aesthetic cleaning, ie housewashing, wood care. Changing perceptions on those things is a big agenda. Other work for restaurants, and new construction is still wide open.

Celeste

Dane

I depends on were you are working, In Wayne County no problem, for the City of Goldsboro I have a permit that I carry my own water or use a well that has been approved by the city.

im sure you are fine in swansboro man, im in the raleigh durham area where the drought is servere but still no restrictions against powerwashing yet. i have been told by city officials a few different times at jobs that as long as it stays at a 90 day supply or more than they will not fine contractors or powerwashers for using water. so im sure you will be fine. you will get a warning first then i would go from there

I heard that on the news as well. It's not so much the city or government restrictions that are hurting the residential guys, it's the stigma attached to doing work that appears to be "aesthetic", although thankfully, some just don't care!

Mike, did you get the info for the PWNC and the upcoming meeting? You guys should come - it's going to be a blast - we're well over 20 already. Again, I promise the "official business" part will NOT be long - after that it's pure networking (with food)

Celeste

All of the information about the meeting as well as registration is on the Contractor Events site -PWNC Meeting. Or you can just call me tomorrow and I'll get copies of the newsletter to you and take your info over the phone if you want to make it :) 336-261-3051

Celeste