Sign in to follow this  
Hawaii Cleaning Co.

Commercial Pressure Washing Bid

Question

Aloha from Hawaii, I own a cleaning CO. in Hawaii and have been asked to provide a commercial bid for a concrete (sidewalks) and Parking lot pressure washing. This is for a large Mall. The sidewalks have not been pressure washed in a few years and are almost black with dirt and mold, the asphalt needs to be cleaned for re-striping.

My question is, does anyone have any idea if I should bid this by the sq. ft?., and if so , how much?, approx 50,000 sq ft. of each (concrete and asphalt). And, or what, are some of the pricing differences you charge for concrete and asphalt pressure washing and cleaning?

Once the initial pressure washing is completed, what do you think would be a fair (sq. ft?) price for a quarterly maintenance pressure wash.

Also do you have any recommendations for various chemicals that may help in the cleaning.

Im stumped on this one and don't want to get stuck on the low end. However, I'm not quite sure what the low end is out here as there aren't any pressure-wash specific companies out here.

Thank you very much for your help!!

James

12 answers to this question

My guess is it will go out at 8 to 10 cents a foot.

But on the island, you'll need to be really cautious with the reclaim.

If you post pics the other more experienced guys will be able to offer better suggestions.

As Rich brings up reclaim...it would be important to know yourareas rules and whether the mall drains run to waterways or to a system yer allowed to dump to. Using a full on recovery unit that vacuums up your waste water might be in order. Besides that advice I'd say your not going to want to high pressure or use strong detergents on asphalt as it is made of oil and you'll degrade it that much quiker..just rinse it, even that will be major chore though unless lots of gpm. Also doing 50k of crete is a job for a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer unit...Hope this helps. Might want to let your fingers do the walking by searching some of these things out by using the search function. There is a lots of infos available in the forums.

Fenner, you watch Lost?

Guest huxley

I suggest to clean by the detergents or chemicals of reliable products if you want more good results for cleaning with vacum pumps. If you feel less pressure, you may check it to the technician for balancing the pressure.