Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

hose crimp tool

I got to one of my grocery store accounts tonight to find that ALL my high pressure hoses had burst from the cold, 300 ft. I can get them repaired, but isn't there a way we can do it ourselves. I know you can buy the fittings, but what about the tool that crimps them on? BTW, I usually have no problem, but I think because I left my gun on the water had nowhere to go when it froze.

Hey Jamie,

Greetings from just north!

Don't ya just love when those hoses go!? We ourselfs have been looking into crimpers and let me tell ya what... They are not cheap! The hydrolic ones are around 1500$. Worth it if you do enough hoses. They do however make a fitting that allows you to fix hoses without a crimper.

It basicaly works on a thread design. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I think it depends on your hose.

Hope this helps!

Joe

I use reuseable ends all the time to repair customers' hoses. Gates is the only brand I use...have yet to have one fail. Of course, when I cut the hose, I examine the condition of the rubber...if I know it won't hold due to degradation, I won't fix it.

I use those also, One part threads over the outside of the hose then the other part threads into the "nut" on the outer part and threads into the inner part of the hose causing the hose to be squeezed in-between these 2 parts.

I was told that this is actually stronger than the factory crimp on ends.

Just check the rubber like Russ says, if it is dry, cracking or falling apart, cut more off or get rid of it.

I use a chop saw to cut the hose flush, you need the end of the hose to be flush and square for the ends to work.

$5.00 each and 5-10 minutes of your time and you are ready to go.

I have not had one go bad yet after over 2 years now on 3 different hoses.