Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

WINGS.....Freaking love them!!!!!!

Question

Just for fun!!!!

When I was young and my heart was an open book.........

I never forgave the Beatles for breaking up. I hated Paul McCartney and wings.Just hated them for hurting me. I mean, how can you top the fab 4. Right, cutting edge, experimenting with drugs and 4-tracks, setting the bar high for a new sound that no one to this day can compete with.

It used to urk me to hear anything by wings on the radio ( but it was still great stuff) and I would change the station in protest.

Now , some of the music that I thought was crap then, is still crap now, along with today's crap ( not all, but most IMO). But I was so wrong about Wings. They so KICK ROYAL A$$!!! Freaking love them. So talented. Although

I prefer the Beatles drug years to the "love me do " years, Wings hold a corner of their own in R&R that is just as important ( again IMO). I can't even give a favorite Wings song there are so many.

Band on the Run

Jet

My Love ( written for Linda)

Live and let Die.

Junior's Farm

Gosh the list is like forever,and some of them actually pull a tear or two.

You younger rockers may not get it (possibly until you are older, if at all).

My apologies to Paul and Wings for a selfish hatred I had.

Again, IMO, Wings material has stood the test of time and even surpassed some of the crap that is so called music today.

Keep in mind I know music and have toured the country with my own band for a decade from east to west and loved and hated every moment of it. Preceeded with a lifetime of learning music up to that point.

I just can't believe I was just too stubborn ( for decades ) to give Wings a shot at joining my collection of who I consider Greats.

....... by the way, classics and oldies are simply not in my vocab.

So, " for those about to rock" who have you revisited lately?

I finished up early today and thought I would blast all 200 watts with Wings on the way back, like the kids do with Snoop in their 2 foot long hondas.

I was turning heads. Of course it's not a good way to get hired, but today I just don't care.

Hope everyone is GREAT and staying busy!

15 answers to this question

Are they HOT wings? Extra sauce? Blue cheese dressing? Celery? I'm hungry!

Seriously, been a Beatles fan (and that goes for all members and any work they did after they split up too, and any other bands one of them was in) for years.

Beth

[singing]The band on the run is searching everyone!! for their hot wings..haha...

..man that was a different time and place. Think I caught it in rerun though as I remember blasting ac/dc, led zep, montrose..as well as 45's and 8tracks of elvis, merle haggart, dolly parton, willie nelson, kc and the sunshine band, glen cambell ..you name it. Those other things called 78's we had a collection of too.. odd growing up hearing rock one minute then weird old stuff with titles like "this old house" the next. Some how even weirder comedy lp's based on robin hood got twisted in as well. People don't realize it but much of the newer catch tunes, rythms, etc. are based off such old parody/mockings.

You got that right on the head.

You mentioned Montrose ( Rock Candy). Ronnie Montrose was an awesome guitarist for his day. Sammy Hagar used to sing in that band. I remember when Willie ( Bio Willie) used to be so clean cut and shaven. It might be harmful to me if I mentioned that I dug K.C. and the sunshine band as well.

Anyone remember Firesign Theater?

Yes Sammy and Ronnie was good stuff. An older friend of mine told me once that he gave Sammy a ride to a local station before he made it big and straight up claimed he was gonna be like the biggest rock star... Kinda turned out that way too for awhile there in leading VanHalen on a couple good album. I mean it wasn't VanHalen and it wasn't the red rocker Sammy that I knew and liked but it was something. When I was a kid I rocked out to DangerZone by Sammy and Wango Tango by that other crazy mofo The Nuge. The Nuge is a slaya mang!!

..round about that time I got the pox and missed the Stones at the Stick for their 'day on the green' which was toted to be their last gig ever...haha. yea right.

Hey did ya all hear Candlestick is once again?

Saw the stones in 80 on Halloween at the cotton bowl in Dallas. They were old then, and it was their last tour as well. That didn't last. They have tuned into a corporate music machine.

It should be called Geriatric rock. Of course Mick is Satan you know!!! He said it himself...... lol.

I love the Rolling Stones. Saw them in freezing temps here in DC, at the new stadium after it was built. Had nosebleed seats, loved every bone chilling nose running minute of it. On the albums they are never old, and I only hope I am as active as MJ is when I am his age.

I love lots of stuff out of the 70's. That was my era so to speak. But, I like lots of other stuff as well.

Tom Petty anyone?

Santana?

Stevie Wonder?

Beth :cup: :dancing:

You know how some tunes take you back to a specific time and place? Everytime I hear "Band on the Run" I am in high school riding with my friends in one of their parents gold 69 Biscayne station wagon with the search light deal on the passenger side. Don't know why I just go there.

Was a huge Zep fan back in the day. Robin Trower too. Got to love Santana. He can burn it up but still say more with one note than most can say with 100.

I have ( I think I still have it) a Promotional Only Not for Resale copy of Breakfast In America. I saw them in concert on their first tour, right after the album came out, before they got popular. EXCELLENT show!

Beth

I know.... my loss.

I love them now though.

It's like a brand new band for me to listen to.

actually just dropped a few more dollars this afternoon on some more of their cd's.

Some of the material sounds still somewhat beatlesque though.